BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my salesmen about installing navigation and he shot pretty straight with me. He said the deal is, all they care about is selling cars and they don't go through the hassell of installing things such as Xenons, nav etc... because it just takes up time. Bottom line is they are just not willing to do it. Im kicking myself for not getting xenons and nav lol

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
u know what

:flipoff: dealers........they r a rip off anyways, sux that u did not get xenons as for nav system, u can still do that aftermarket w/ better looking flip out screens and all

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would get a flip out but I just can't get past how it looks while the screen is in... it just doesn't look like it fits in there

·
INDEED
1,144 Posts
or you could always get a PocketPC with GPS combo unit and you can use it in more than one car and it's probably safer, as long as you don't leave it in plain view all day long.

·
Registered
142 Posts
fasteddie said:
or you could always get a PocketPC with GPS combo unit and you can use it in more than one car and it's probably safer, as long as you don't leave it in plain view all day long.
You got any experience with those or recommendations? I've kinda been looking at getting one.
:D :confused: :D

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
dfreeman77 said:

You got any experience with those or recommendations? I've kinda been looking at getting one.
:D :confused: :D
I'd like to know as well. Someone on here mentioned using an iPaq and a GPS module.

dave

·
Registered
921 Posts
Moritz doesnt do it? or rather "anything" ?? That sucks, I live about 20 minutes from them.

Well anwyays, Mon suggested for someone to go to Autobahn BMW in FT Worth a while back ( http://www.autobahnmotorcars.com/bmw.html )

If they service Mon's beast of a car with no *****ing/whining, must be a good dealership.

I have no personal experience w/ this dealership though.

·
Town Clown
15,041 Posts
That's bizarre. Did you talk to a sales guy (i.e. car sales) or a parts/service guy? The parts and service departments for most dealerships are huge profit centers. I'm sure the lot manager would flip if he heard a sales guy make those statements, as they would generally charge you through the nose to install a nav system. (i.e. bill you about $100/hr on labor alone, plus the full retail price of the nav unit!)

Most places ***EXPECT*** their parts/service departments to bring in a certain portion of their revenue, so for your sales guy to say that they only care about selling cars is very strange.

·
Registered
829 Posts
xenons you can do your self. I bought mine from a guy here on the board for 600. They don't auto tilt or anything but you can buy all the parts from the dealer and install that too.

as far as nav. Some people here say you don't even need the harness. And even that you could install your self. I don't like the way the after market don't fit right and are off to one side. And when the screen is up it blocks the air vents.

I have seen complete nav systems sell here and on ebay. Also you might want to check with a radio shop. I am sure they will install OEM nav and only charge you about 50 a hour.

·
Masterdebator
1,669 Posts
MOST BMW dealers are like that. The best BMW dealership I've been too with the best service is Savage BMW in Ontario. They actually treat you with respect, and I talked to them about installing NAVI and xenons. They'd do both, it will just be pricey.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
I'd kick myself for not getting xenons too. Isnt it something like a $500 dollar upgrade at the point of sale?

Aftermarket OEM xenons(not bi-xenons) that dont auto-level are available from bekkers at about $1000 for a set :banghead:

:Edit: Oh yea, bekkers started selling a bi-xenon kit for the '02-up e46 sedan but its gonna set you back $1698.00 for everything :yikes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts