E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2002 E46 M3 - SOLD!!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock, 9/01 production date M3 with standard headlights and non LED tail lights. The right tail light, inner bulb (150 degree offset pins 21/4W) flickers very dimly while the car is on and even after the car is turned off. I replaced the bulb with a new one, and it does the same thing. Eventually it will stop flickering, but I'd like to understand what is causing it and to continue to have power after car is turned off. I checked the wiring connector and there is about 15 mV coming into the harness on the third wire in that maps to the tail light bulb +. I'm thinking that either the LCM and or the "bulb check" circuit that sends a very small amount of power to the bulb to make sure it is not burned out is providing too much juice. Does the LCM perform the bulb check function? Any suggestions are appreciated. Is the LCM serviceable? This car is not subject to the grounding recall and has good continuity between the tail light - and vehicle ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.