BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just installed my clears today...everything went well, but I am having a little bit of trouble with the tailights. I cant seem to get the panel with the light bulbs back into place...any sugestions. Also, my tailight warning light on my instrument cluster is now on...will this go away when I get the panel back into place? and if it doesn't will the dealership look at it under warrenty since the clears arent OEM, or am I going to get charged?

Thanks for the help.

James

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...

I figured out the warning light...but still cant seem to get the panel into place...I cant drive around because they keep popping out...please guys, anything youve got woud be appreciated.

James

·
Registered
133 Posts
if i were a betting woman, i'd bet that your white plastic thing (on the top screw) is not aligned properly.
i just installed my clear tail lights this weekend, had a prob with the right rear inside plastic part screwing back into place, and that white screw alignment was the culprit.
if you don't know what white thing i'm talking about, check out my diy page, it's the last pic at the bottom...
and please let me know if i'm right in my assessment! :D
http://www.crystaltokyo.com/~becki/bmwpics/bmw.html

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks becki,

while your assessment was incorect, you did send me back out to my car to take another look...and I did get the light panel back into place. The problem was that I expected the tab that released the lights to snap back into place. Turns out I needed to push it back in myself. Thanks for the help though...great diy! very detailed and informative.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts