E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330i 2002
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ordered p/n 82110004073 ("Auxiliary Power Adapter") thinking I can leave my stuff plugged in even when the car is not running.

I read on various threads that this power source is switched on and off with ignition... however, when I tried it today it seemed to be always giving power.

Even after I took out my car keys and the batteries out of my device, it was still on and happily chugging along... wtf?

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
I'm pretty sure the cigarette lighter socket goes dead after 15 mins. or so...not sure about the glovebox one...as it does charge a flashlight...so maybe it does stay on. Not sure how you'd find that out other than doing what you're doing. Just make sure it isn't something that takes a lot of power.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
I'm pretty sure the cigarette lighter socket goes dead after 15 mins. or so...not sure about the glovebox one...as it does charge a flashlight...so maybe it does stay on. Not sure how you'd find that out other than doing what you're doing. Just make sure it isn't something that takes a lot of power.
Cigarette lighter stays on ALL the time. I use it to power up my refrigerator, and things are running and cold even after I return to my car after three or four hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.