BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys... before i put the car in the garage for the winter i want to detail the crap outta her...

i have all the needed zaino stuff, but I stilllllllll have swirl marks everywhere as well as acid stains for bird doo... I used some fine cut cleaner on the acid stains and now i have dull spots on the body even after coats of wax...

now what should i do?

if anyone could recommend a certain buffer and materials i could use to buff the entire car out I would really appreciate it...

Ive heard some kind of meguiars is what most people use, but I need help!

please post specific models of buffer, speed setting, cleaner, etc.... thanks guys... I know someone here knows how to get rid of these swirls :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had a similar situation on my Imola M3. I ended up hand polishing my car with 3M Finesse-it polish. I did not try an electric buffer so I do not know how that would come out but by hand it turned out perfect! No swirl marks or scratches visible. I followed up using Zainos. Good luck!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
ok this is what you do

dawn your car the dish soap for dishes use it like a car wash cleaner that will strip your car of all the wax and clear coats. this
should get all the swirl marks off the car. if not do it again 2 washes with dawn.

SKIP THE CLAY BAR FOR THIS WINTER TREATMENT

polish your car with 2 coates of zaino's polish. for clear coats.

put one coat of polish and then right after the detail spray to
make the car more deeper of the wet look

then repeat these 2 steps again of

polish and then detail spray your car should look very deep wet look.like a show car.....
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, but i have done this all numerous times...

typically i dawn wash the car to get all the wax off - claybar then wash again

I think go ahead with the zaino, usually two coats of polish and two coats of wax and then finish with the detailer - and yes i use the zfx

still the same problem when i am done...

anyone have a solution similar to the one posted with the 3m stuff? I've heard a few people who use a 3m swirl remover and then use Zaino and it comes out perfect, but I think i will need the buffer to do this...

any help would be appreciated - I'm sick of doing all the wax work and seeing these swirls still when I look close at the cars paint... especially the spots from the acid bird crap - it looks horrible...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I went through exactly what you are going through now. Liquid dish soap is not going to remove fine scratches from your painted surface, it removes dirt. I use Finesse-it II finishing material at my place of business as well. We manufacture acrylic whirlpools and this stuff gets the scratches out. It is an automotive product that does the job. Again, I did not have to use an electric buffer but did have to use alot of elbow grease! The applicatoin says to use a buffer so I am sure that would work great, I just hate using buffers on my car. I have seen ugly things happen to paint jobs when buffers are not used properly and I am not willing to take that chance. Give it a try, you will be suprised.

·
ti-m-e
2,418 Posts
imolammm said:
I went through exactly what you are going through now. Liquid dish soap is not going to remove fine scratches from your painted surface, it removes dirt. I use Finesse-it II finishing material at my place of business as well. We manufacture acrylic whirlpools and this stuff gets the scratches out. It is an automotive product that does the job. Again, I did not have to use an electric buffer but did have to use alot of elbow grease! The applicatoin says to use a buffer so I am sure that would work great, I just hate using buffers on my car. I have seen ugly things happen to paint jobs when buffers are not used properly and I am not willing to take that chance. Give it a try, you will be suprised.
Sounds like you need a PC DACP-> porter cable dual action polisher. go here for a good price: coastal tool

You'll need some good buffing pads which can be acquired here:
buff pads

Before you start buffing go get some pro info here: autopia.org

1 - 7 of 7 Posts