BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day; took the opportunity to give hee a good wash and took a few pics waiting for my buddy to get off work.....

Going to darken tint to 20% SOON!!

Ordered Hamann rear bumper lip.....Should be here in about 1 week, paint, etc... install 2 weeks???? :thumbsup:

Hope to see some of you @ the 2010 GTA Spring Cruise http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132321

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
love the car and all the mods. Except that bumper loser it :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking @ options.... not really happy with it either... Like the style; not the fitment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Beautiful day; took the opportunity to give hee a good wash and took a few pics waiting for my buddy to get off work.....

Going to darken tint to 20% SOON!!

Ordered Hamann rear bumper lip.....Should be here in about 1 week, paint, etc... install 2 weeks???? :thumbsup:

Hope to see some of you @ the 2010 GTA Spring Cruise http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132321
how did you black out your lights looks good:)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool... Id mold the front add-on though :thumbup:
already inquired about new part. Bought this one used and not crazy about fitment. Looking into rear lip spoiler to bring in line with rest of car..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Nachos. I also like that you take care of the interior. Does your car have rear power shades? It seems like it does.
NOt unless they're there and I've never seen the button..... LOL.... The exterior is what folks see; the interior is where you "live" + I hate dirty interiors....

Actually going to finish applying Leatherique to car this weekend and may redye front seats.... bought stuff from Leatherique last fall, but been too cold to do since...

·
Registered
28,979 Posts
That front lip looks like a piece of dangling poop from the butthole of a rhino.
Funny but overly harsh :rofl:

OP, the car looks nice. With a new rear add on and a different spoiler on back, it will be very nice. People are just so accustomed to mtech kits with splitters that your kit, an OG one which was once considered the nicest kit for our cars, looks a bit funny to them. Only constructive critique I would give is that the front add on has some black tape stuff or puddy running along the top and breaks up the lines of the bumper... addiitonally, i would debadge everything (the hamann logos, xi logo, front plate, and the 330 logo)... would make it far cleaner.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That front lip looks like a piece of dangling poop from the butthole of a rhino.
well, then it's a good thing I'm driving the car and not you I guess.....but I'd have to say the conscencous is against you on this one; considering the number of times I've been stopped recently to have people compliment me on the kit.... I recently had someone RUN across a parking lot to compliment me on the car; so thanks for the complimment; 2 guys in a vert 330Ci hangng out their car to give me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and a couple of :woot:

Please don't tell me you're one of the masses that's running ANOTHEER MTech setup; cause then I'd have to :lmao: :drool: :loco: :evil:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny but overly harsh :rofl:

OP, the car looks nice. With a new rear add on and a different spoiler on back, it will be very nice. People are just so accustomed to mtech kits with splitters that your kit, an OG one which was once considered the nicest kit for our cars, looks a bit funny to them. Only constructive critique I would give is that the front add on has some black tape stuff or puddy running along the top and breaks up the lines of the bumper... addiitonally, i would debadge everything (the hamann logos, xi logo, front plate, and the 330 logo)... would make it far cleaner.
now that's criticism thats correctly delivered. I agree on the lip spoiler. The "black stuff" actually helps the kit look better. There are fitment issues (it's being replaced SOON; same style just going with Polyurethane one instead of fibreglass) as this was sold as post facelift lip; but I think it's prefacelift.... Without the trim, the top edge does not run flush with body; the trim actually looks good "in person" but its going.

·
Registered
760 Posts
When I think about it, I wouldn't debadge but shadow badge it. I think the lip would look much better is if was molded. The seam really breaks the line and somehow makes it look out of place. You running 18's? and dropped on what?

Oh yea, and while everyone says that stuff about the mtech, but I don't seem them where I drive, so it is a different bumper. I see yours far more often (not counting the lip).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How is the spring/shock combo working for you?

I am currently looking at that similar set-up right now.

Beautiful car
Thanks!.... Love the combo. Wasn't looking for adjustable suspension as I'm happy with the 1.5" drop and the handling is significantly improved. I went with similar package as what TMS sells as a kit now: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=E46XI-SPSUSP (although I bought separtely @ the time...) or for a few more $$$; H&R has a cup kit that I've heard great things about (vs. a full PSS-type coilover): http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=31016-4 but there are no cup kits for Xi models, so I went with prior setup..... Done some tracking since and car hold amazingly!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I think about it, I wouldn't debadge but shadow badge it. I think the lip would look much better is if was molded. The seam really breaks the line and somehow makes it look out of place. You running 18's? and dropped on what?
18" M6 replicas; Falken 912's (soon to be replaced with Dunlop Direzza's or Hankook Ventus). Dropped 1.5" with H&R and Bilstein Sport setup. Love it! Didn't want more of a drop, or have a need to adjust.... love the setup! :thumbsup:

See previous post for links to my setup @ TMS.

·
Registered
224 Posts
debadge the hamann, black out ur 330xi badge. and fix the lip.
is it me or do they look like a different shade in ur signature pic.?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts