715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another victim...

Attachments

·
HartgE46
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BING! Get's installed this weekend after my engine bay gets a nice WD-40 bath. :D Can't friggin' wait!!

Attachments

·
Got Mis-shift?
720 Posts
AMB said:
BING! Get's installed this weekend after my engine bay gets a nice WD-40 bath. :D Can't friggin' wait!!
Nice, but don't spray your engine bay with WD-40. yeah, it looks nice after you spray it but think about after a couple of weeks. Dust will stick to WD-40. Detailers don't recommend it.

·
HartgE46
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was surprised to see that as well... and I believe it's on the top of the intake so it will be visible when installed.
Hopefully that nasty seam to the right won't be. :eek:

Attachments

·
XXXX
557 Posts

bro, are you sure the serial number isnt actually on the side of the intake? Not sure...:dunno:

ya man, definitely do not use WD40..it will look great the first time, but will attract sand and dust later. I would just use water then maybe polish the black surfaces with something else...

·
HartgE46
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cooh23 said:

Nice, but don't spray your engine bay with WD-40. yeah, it looks nice after you spray it but think about after a couple of weeks. Dust will stick to WD-40. Detailers don't recommend it.
Really? Refering back to these two posts it sounded like the way to go.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=7086&highlight=clean+engine+gunk

Dev on 06-17-2002 said:
The original post was done by srcstc. I did my engine clean as well (w/ WD40). No dust collection here--still pretty much clean (dust does not build up any faster).
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12029&highlight=WD40+engine

·
HartgE46
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: ...

Roshan said:
bro, are you sure the serial number isnt actually on the side of the intake? Not sure...:dunno:
I guess I'm not totally positive but from looking at photos of other installs the curves seem to match. If the S/N isn't on top then that big ol' seam will be. :confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.