BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my car isnt nice enough yet for me to keep secrets from all of you. I just ordered some UUC Sway Bars and wanted to hear some feedback on them. Any feedback would be great, but esp. anyone who installed themself, was it hard?? how long did it take??

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i cant wait to get them on the ride... I took a peak at the how-to before but i wanted to see if anyone out there had any experience.

Thanks for the response orient, let keep em comin

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the site vin... i love all this positive feedback, makes me feel better about droppin 350 bones in a night haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been using the UUC sways for the the last couple of months. My large complant is the links are loose and knock around. I took it back to the installer and they called UUC and they suggested using the OEM links. I'm going to have them installed tomorrow (Thursday). I trust the knocking noise will be corrected. Otherwise handling is great.

Ben

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bfischer1 said:
I've been using the UUC sways for the the last couple of months. My large complant is the links are loose and knock around. I took it back to the installer and they called UUC and they suggested using the OEM links. I'm going to have them installed tomorrow (Thursday). I trust the knocking noise will be corrected. Otherwise handling is great.

Ben
thanks for the comment, ur the first i have heard of with that problem. When u get it all installed and test it will u qrite a tread about it?? it would be helpful to anyone (including me) who are installing swaybars for the first time, so we get it right the first time around... thanks

·
I know all about that...
2,207 Posts
Re: Re: Sway Bars

BMW328Ci said:

thanks for the comment, ur the first i have heard of with that problem. When u get it all installed and test it will u qrite a tread about it?? it would be helpful to anyone (including me) who are installing swaybars for the first time, so we get it right the first time around... thanks

Yes I'd like to know more about this as well. Maybe Rob can enlighten us some more. I know they are louder than stock, does anyone else agree with this?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CALLING ROB...

4,231 Posts
BMW328Ci said:
CALLING ROB...
Sheesh! Please "call" me at [email protected] if you think I need to answer something here.

The adjustable end links we use feature spherical bearing ends which give greater control of the components, eliminating the squish of OE rubber parts.

Occassionally, the spherical bearing part can make a click sound, especially if they are damaged. (Speaking of damage, we have seen incorrectly installed links that have gotten slammed by the other suspension components. Of course they make noise at that point! Remember, adjust the length of the links with the car sitting on the wheels, not up in the air.) Usually, they do not make any noise at all.

With a stock-height car, you should be able to use the original links without any problem. In fact, most other manufacturers do not include links at all, and some sell (at $70-$100) the exact same links we provide at no charge.

- Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
My email to Rob: I'm off to work this morning:)

Rob,

Marc Norris at BMW Workshop (Canoga Park CA.)is doing the work and he said he called you. His number is: 818-346-9363.

I'll be in this afternoon for the adjustments to the sways.

BTW: I've also got your UUC TSE exhaust and there seems to be a slight dashboard vibration around 2000 rpm. BMW Santa Monica service says it's from the low RPM drone and the TSE should be hung slightly different. Marc also installed the muffler. Might you suggest a solution to him if you call.

Many thanks for your E46Fanatics reply. I never think anyone pays attention to customer service problems.

Ben

·
I know all about that...
2,207 Posts
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks said:

Sheesh! Please "call" me at [email protected] if you think I need to answer something here.

The adjustable end links we use feature spherical bearing ends which give greater control of the components, eliminating the squish of OE rubber parts.

Occassionally, the spherical bearing part can make a click sound, especially if they are damaged. (Speaking of damage, we have seen incorrectly installed links that have gotten slammed by the other suspension components. Of course they make noise at that point! Remember, adjust the length of the links with the car sitting on the wheels, not up in the air.) Usually, they do not make any noise at all.

With a stock-height car, you should be able to use the original links without any problem. In fact, most other manufacturers do not include links at all, and some sell (at $70-$100) the exact same links we provide at no charge.

- Rob

Good enough answer for me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
So has anyone used just the stock links? I used the ones provided and I do have some noise, mostly on the rears. I am going to lift my car up later today and look under it, see what's up. I may also put them on the stiffer setting now that I have had 7 months to get used to the new feel and feel confident I understand my car's new dynamics.

I had a shop do my install, but the installer didn't use any grease so I had major noise. I jacked up my car, undid the bushing bolts, greased it up and all is good(minus a little noise when the suspension us maxing out or on uneven ground). My suspension is stock, looked like an easy install but I can't stand getting under a car on jack stands. I'll let you know what I find,

Chip-

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a follow up to my earlier post re: the rattling noise from my sway bar links on the back ones only. I can shake and rattle them with my hand (when up on the rack) and hear them on bumpy streets.

The installer tried to use the origional factory links but, the holes were the wrong size and needed to be drilled out and new bushings installed. I'll return next week and finish the install.

Proper fitting links should be sent with the sway bars. I'm looking for perfection:) That's tough!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the reply Rob, best customer service i have ever experienced!! :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts