BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to sort suspension issues.

I have a set of ac schnitzer springs on the car which are paired with standard shocks - bad idea this is!!!
Anyhow I need to fix this. I have three options that I can think of: 1) stick bilstein b6 shocks on the car to fix issue; 2) put msport shocks and springs on the car; 3) pair msport struts with ac schnitzer springs. Option 1 is expensive but is a good match, option 2 is a good shout but I don't know how much a difference there will be in ride quality and height against option 1. Option 3 seems good if compatible (worried about bottoming out. Is there any other options out there that may offer a workable solution that won't hit the wallet? I don't know how much longer the car is gonna last is why I'm treading carefully. Car is showing signs of rust albeit being in good mechanical condition.

My primary focus is lowered look and nice ride quality. Cornering is of concern to me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, yeh was pricing them up today and they are pretty expensive for the age of the car. So b6 is out. Now I think it will need to be msport setup as it will be much cheaper. Unless there is another suitable strut for schnitzer springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts