E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I wanted to get some suggestions on the suspension settings like front/rear camber and toe for the new wheel/tire setup that I am going for. I would really appreciate it if you could share pictures and settings if you are running a similar wheel setup with close or exact measurements to mine. The ideal setting would help me to achieve a streetcar drive with a balance between style and comfort.

Setup that I am going for:
Wheels: BBS RC | Front RC303 18x8.5 ET38 | Rear RC301 18x10 ET25
Tires: Michelin PS4S | Front 245/40/18 | Rear 275/35/18

Many folks are running Apex ARC-8 wheels which are based on BBS RC's, so I will really appreciate it if you can pitch in,

Thanks in advance.
_Singh

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Singh,

A good portion of my job as a product developer for vehicles was to ensure the voice of the customer was reflected in the final car we built. So I've done that in perhaps thousands of surveys, ride and drives, blind vehicle comparisons, and watched teams of psychologists interview car owners from behind one way glass, and have a good handle on it. However, your comment indicating what you want "The ideal setting would help me to achieve a streetcar drive with a balance between style and comfort." means absolutely nothing to me. So it would be a miracle if someone without my background correctly interpreted that, was able to discern the differences between that and what they have (including account for their completely different suspensions), and could then recommend variations of fractions of degrees to you in suspension settings. Not even feasible, and you'd be unwise to follow their random advice.

Since almost by definition, you are probably most interested in cosmetics (versus good handling), why don't people with similar wheel/tire sizes simply post pictures? Then the one you like you could ask them what suspension settings they have? Done "dusts hands off...."

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your detailed post. I am however not interested in just cosmetics but on the contrary, I want to have a comfortable daily driver without any rubbing issues :). I will clarify that in my post. l like your suggestion about seeing similar setups

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.