E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for new shocks/struts and springs on my 2004 325 convertible. It's a standard model/Non-sport. I have 18' staggered BMW style 189 wheels. I really would like a new set-up that lowers the car just a little to close up the wheel gap. Was thinking of the H & R cup kit. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping this to the top one time to see if anyone has any idea's for me. Don't need coilover's, so I was thinking a cup kit or new shocks/struts with Eibach springs. A set up that will work with my style 189 wheels , 18" staggered. Any community input would be great. 2004 325cic vert, non-sport from the factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an "04 330ci vert. I went with Bilstein Sport shocks and struts, with H&R sport springs with 18" staggered. Very happy so far

·
Registered
2004 330Ci Vert - 6sp Manual
41 Posts
I'm waiting on the last 2 parts to arrive for a rebuild of my suspension on my 2004 330 convertible. Hoping it'll all arrive so that I can knock it out over Labor Day weekend this weekend...

It's OE SACHs struts for an earlier e46, with Eibach springs, and m3 bumpstops up front. The rear is e36 m3 shocks with the Eibachs, and m3 bumpstops. Long story short is that this is supposedly the closest still-available recreation of the ZHP suspension. A lot of SACHs dampers merged into a single part despite different part numbers as time has progressed, which made getting dampers that are still comparable to the originals difficult to locate. Yes, you can just buy the pre-selected sport suspension packages, but from what I understand, the dampers aren't actually the same specs as they were when originally produced.

I got everything from FCP Euro, save for a couple items, so even if they have a short lifespan, I can get them replaced under the lifetime warranty. Once everything is installed and proves to be worth the hassle, I'll post the complete parts list on my thread, since I had to buy EVERYTHING as mine had some crappy coilovers installed when I got mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts