E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any recommendations ?? i wll be getting 19's BREYTON MAGICS ....so any info would help..thanks in advance....

·
Registered
185 Posts
You don't have many choices:

KW variant 1 coilovers
H&R coilovers
H&R sport springs

That is it right now. Sucks, huh? :thumbdwn:

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks said:
UUC Xi swaybars really are coming very soon, that's a good start.

- Rob
Yes! :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i want something where the ride won't be bumpy ..i want as close to stock as possible..in terms of ride quality....so what would you guys suggest...maybe something where dampening is adjustable..? thanks...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would say don't put H&R sport springs on your stock shocks, so it's either H&R coilovers or KW variant1 coilovers. I don't have experience with either one, so I can't say. You're going to spend over $1100 (US) whichever one you decide. Good luck. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i did some research and i am gonna go with bilstein....forgot the model number..but i did find an application for my car with adjustable dampening thanks for the help guys..much appreciated...

·
BMW Land Barge
1,360 Posts
Please let us know what Bilstein shocks can be used with our cars... (If there are any that really work.) It would be nice to expand the list of compatible hardware somewhat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stock is too high..lol...i will get the model number and post it here...when i find out which one it is....plus with 19's its nice to have the tucked look...:)

·
BMW Land Barge
1,360 Posts
Dropping the car will affect its snow performance. The truth is, that RWD Bimmers with snow tires are more than adequate for any snow that the E46 can clear. (I'll not get an AWD BMW again.)

It will not affects the car's rain performance. Unless, of course, you happen to go into water that is so deep that you're submerging important bits. :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
stillmatik23 said:
hey i did some research and i am gonna go with bilstein....forgot the model number..but i did find an application for my car with adjustable dampening thanks for the help guys..much appreciated...
You've got to be kidding. I've called/emailed Bilstein several times with them always telling me they have no applications. And aren't even planning any. Part #?

·
Registered
51 Posts
stillmatik23 said:
stock is too high..lol...i will get the model number and post it here...
Where's the part number!? If there is one, which I really doubt (I'm with nmadd on this one), please post ASAP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Okay, they do make one for the 325ix (BMW 325ix (E30 chassis) 86-91).

I hope this is not the shocks you are referring to because these will not fit your car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's gotta be what he was looking at.

Well, looks like H&R coilovers for me. I'm to impatient to wait for some shocks. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks said:
UUC Xi swaybars really are coming very soon, that's a good start.

- Rob
Well "very soon" does not seem to be within a number of years...

UUC = LOL never delivers what they say !!!!:flipoff: :flipoff:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts