BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between Borla or the Supersprint with the x-pipe. Does anyone have a sound clip of it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the SS with the sound pipe not that loud? The reason why I ask is because I have the rogue now and I find it too loud for my tastes so I'm looking for a quieter exhaust.

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,348 Posts
i currently have just the supersprint (no x pipe) and it is silent. no change at all. i am going to remove one resonator to get a little pitch out of it...it's much easier to make an exhaust a little louder than it is to quiet one down...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you guys say race, you mean the straight x-pipe going from the cat to the muffler or to you mean the pipe that includes the the cats going to the muffler?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Omnimous said:
when you guys say race, you mean the straight x-pipe going from the cat to the muffler or to you mean the pipe that includes the the cats going to the muffler?
The X-Pipe in most cases should mean the straight pipe without cats. The X-Pipe mean the connecting pipe from the headers to the resonator or exhaust. I have the SS Cats and they make the car loud, but this is including Technik Headers. I love the sound though. I think you should PM "omes". I think he has the X-Pipe.

·
Banned
407 Posts
The Supersprint X-pipes will give your car a more throaty sound and help take away the rasp a little.... I would not even consider borla.. i dont know why...i simply dont like it...another alternative to your setup is AA-Tuning ....also the Eissenman exhausts...the "sport" should sound pretty good too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts