E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Drinks and performance cars DO NOT MIX!!!! No wonder German cars don't come with cup holders!!!

So i decided to goto Taco Bell for lunch. was a sunny day, top down, enjoyin every bit of the sun. Got a Gordita combo with supsized drink. So i put it in the cup holder. (never failed me before till now). Decided to enjoy my car for a bit before goin back to work. So I see the freeway entrance and NO CARS! So I drop it down to 2nd, floored it, too the onramp curve around 80 or so .. (as im doing this, i'm thinknig, dame this cup holder works great!!) next thing you know, i come around the bend, this slow azz taurus appears on the other lane and CUTS ME OFF!!! I obviously emergency brakes...(as always Brembos are awsome, literally stopped in a sec!!) .... what happens... dats right... my drink goes flyin out of the cup holder and tumbles its self onto the passenger seat foot well.....AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is like one of those 32 ouncers!!!!! My carpet is filled with coke an inch deep!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! So i pulled immediately over to the side of the freeway and pulled my carpet out hoping to pull some of that coke out at the same time. luckily a lot of it was absorbed...(another good thing about these carpets! foam bottoms! eats up tons of water) ... but some still managed to go onto the bottom carpet..... DOH!!! so i drove 90mph back to work, ran my azz into the bathroom and grabed an entire pack of paper towels. went back to my car and started suckin up the coke... dame 1 pack wasnt enough!!! (a pack is like a foot high!) so i got some more.. luckily i got majority of it out and i dont see any stains... wooshh.......... hopefully i hope everything is alright after it dries...

Lesson learned!!!!!

NO MORE DRINKS ALLOWED IN MY CAR!!!!!!

BTW, any of you guys have tips on removing coke or stains from carpets???

·
Registered
874 Posts
BTW, any of you guys have tips on removing coke or stains from carpets???
a good steam cleaner should be able to get it out no problem!

Thats why I skip the drink and just get a 20 oz bottle with a screw on lid!

:D

Sorry to hear that, you learned a lesson though! Thank god it hit the floor and not the seats or the dash!

·
Owner
3,732 Posts
Damn that sux. You were lucky that it didn't spill on the center console. Your window and door lock controls would have been fried. I bet you wished you got Sprite instead of Coke that day. What color is your interior again, Mike?

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
yeah, use the shyt that's used for removing pet stains....when i was getting my exhaust installed, the mechanic put stains on my vinyl....removed it the next day with the pet stains remover stuff...

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAHAHA GREY!!!!! :banghead:

wuts funny is that i literally can flsh back and play it in slow motion how the drink tumbled hit the carpet, bounced... rolled, bounced again, and the lip popped, and WOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHA... :banghead:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crap. i think i'm gonna go down and do some more drying... :banghead:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I said Coke, not CocaCola... lol yea its pepsi. :banghead: more sugar

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually, i jsut watered it dwn and dried it agani. its a lotbetter now. it doesnt smell sweet and my hands dont feel sticky anymore. proly gonna do it again just to be sure.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually. yea thats true. but u know, if i didnt have that cupholder in the first place, it wouldnt have happened. I saw on the history channel whenthey wer edoing that modern marvels thing on the german autobaun... its one of the reasons why german car makers dont put thinsg ilke cup holders in their cars so to promote safety and concentration on "driving".

dammit, im getting a euro tray...

·
I got nothin'
275 Posts
That's why you should drink DIET if you drive. No sugar, no sticky mess for dirt/dust to adhere to. Makes clean up simple with a wet/dry vac and a pitcher of warm soapy water.
(That's how we old men do it!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.