BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to get my supercharger for my 325ci but I cant decide weather to get an asa or an aa. The opinions from everyone on the forum on these two sc's seem to be right down the middle. I have a dinan throttle body, cold air intake, stage 3 download,and remus exhaust and I have a step tronic. Considering this I would greatly appreciate all the help on choosing the right sc for my car. And also where a good place to instal one in Ga is or where the closest place is to go if it requires driving to another state. Also if anyone has done this to there 325ci how much power did you gain. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ve choosen to go with the aa kit. i am able to get more power out of it and their set up seems a bit better also. Does anyone know if the dinan downloads will interfer with any of the aa software????

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
emanonate said:
I ve choosen to go with the aa kit. i am able to get more power out of it and their set up seems a bit better also. Does anyone know if the dinan downloads will interfer with any of the aa software????
I am pretty sure(but not 100%) that the AA software will replace all your other software

·
Registered
845 Posts
WITH THE aa kit you will not be able to use the DINAN TB i dont belive ...

with the ASA KIT YOU WILL

and dinan downloads yes dinan and AA / ASA dont mix . they hate eachother.. reflash back to stock and if you decide to go to AA they will reprogram the ecu.

just watch out with the blower on the AA kit .. its not a well made design.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
HIGH_HEAT said:

and dinan downloads yes dinan and AA / ASA dont mix . they hate eachother.. reflash back to stock and if you decide to go to AA they will reprogram the ecu.

How do you figure?

·
Banned
2,277 Posts
emanonate said:
i am able to get more power out of it and their set up seems a bit better also.
I would recommend waiting for the Gen. 2 ASA kits with ECU upgrade and injectors. These new kits will put out more power than any other supercharger on the market.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Technik said:
I would recommend waiting for the Gen. 2 ASA kits with ECU upgrade and injectors. These new kits will put out more power than any other supercharger on the market.
Samir,
would we be able to install the stg upgrade ourselves? My afr is not right, will this ecu adjust it?

·
Banned
2,277 Posts
The upgrade will either include a cable or injector for uploading the program into the DME (so that is easy)...however, the injectors are a little more complicated. I would recommend professional installation of the injectors.

·
Registered
163 Posts
malakia12 said:
How do you figure?
I still have my dinan StageII software on my ASA blown 323i however I was told That it will not work with the stage III you have to get it flashed down to stage II at the most. :thumbup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey this is luke wl. im selling my AA blower for a 325i pm Luke WL. if your interested.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Technik said:
Technik should I wait for the Gen 2?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where could I get more info on the asa gen 2 sc and what will it come with and also do I need to take the car back to where I got the dinan stage 3 down load to get it reseted or will the person who puts the sc on the car do it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
HIGH_HEAT said:

Are you 100% sure I cant use ANY other software with the AA reflash, specificaly the DINAN tranny software for my step ??

·
Registered
931 Posts
NICEBIMMER said:
Are you 100% sure I cant use ANY other software with the AA reflash, specificaly the DINAN tranny software for my step ??
Nice, sorry to be posting every answer....but the dinan tranny software was recomended to me by carl at active...so im pretty sure its safe.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Luke WL. said:
Nice, sorry to be posting every answer....but the dinan tranny software was recomended to me by carl at active...so im pretty sure its safe.

No need to be sorry man .. LOL

You are helping me out big time, I really appreciate it man. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts