E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Supercharger

2K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  SRAMNATH 
#1 ·
I had found a supercharger for my 02' 325Ci do you guys think there is anyreason why I should not get it, it's from Ess tuning www.esstuning.com it seams like a good deal has anyone heard of any problems from supercharging 325Ci's:dunno:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I like silver

#6 ·
Yes

#7 ·
I just got done doing mod to the C5

#10 ·
NOS, cams, exhaust, 383 stroker kit, areo kit, and wheels need to take new pic when its nice out

#11 ·
Is this and install I can do my self

#15 ·
I have the ess on my 2k 323i sedan w/step. No problems at all, I've had it for over a year now. Performance wise between a 325 and 330 isnt even close. My 323 w/sc has 280hp. Highly recommend it. The vortec sc has been around a very long time, pretty much a bullet proof unit. eventually after a couple hundred thousand miles the main bearing will wear out. $300.00 to replace it and you can go another 200k, lol. I will be putting this unit on my 03 325i right after I do the first major dealer service. Turnaround on the ecu is about 4days tops, overnight it to them, they program it and send it back out the same day overnight.

#17 ·
SRAMNATH said:
Is this and install I can do my self

You can DIY. Took about 8hrs to install. I recommend having a lift available, it makes it that much easier. You can remove everything and put the car back to stock in about 4hrs. Which is nice in case of some other major problem that you need to go to the dealer for warranty. The dealer computer will not show that the ecu has been reworked either.

#20 ·
Quote:
not worth it bro, a 325 aint good enuf to be supercharged with a 5k sc

Really what is wrong with you

#22 ·
I drive my 2k 323i damn hard and it's got 19's. I have had no problems at all. 3 series were made to handle alot more power than the way they came. A buddy of mine is running an sc an a 75shot ZEX nitrous setup on his 328 and has no problems. Course he never hits nos from a standstill, always while rolling

#23 ·
Well see I guess thats another thing I have to be worried about is the tranny has anyone heard problems with that

#25 ·
do you think I should get the dinan autotranny software

#26 ·
Trannsmission will be running fine np. But unless you are getting a REALLY GOOD DEAL, I suggest you wait for ASA supercharger that's coming soon from Samir's garage ^^ (intercooler included!) Check on Renn-sport.net forum for Supercharger information, there is an exclusive post on supercharger by tingzilla.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.