E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was just wondering if a bbk (stoptech or brembo) is a recommended upgrade when installing a SC :dunno: Just thought I'd ask you experienced FI people since I will be a newb :D

·
Mod Squad
10,012 Posts
Are you planning on drive at a 130+MPH all the time?
Just because your car can accelerate to 70 MPH faster, it's still 70 MPH.
Gonna be doing a lot of auto-x and track days?
If not, I don't see the point of a BBK other than the bling factor :drool:

A lot of people claim that you have to get a BBK when you supercharge. When I get my ASA installed, I'm not magically going to be driving like a bat out of Hell. I just want the added acceleration up to highway speeds, and want to be able accelerate 50-80 MPH much quicker. I don't think neither of those needs warrants a BBK.

That's just my veiw... :dunno:

·
Registered
423 Posts
hey jim, i dont think that bbk is a really necessary for FI, especially if you are mainly driving in the streets. There are a lot of people with blowers that are still on stock brakes, including myself. BBK is more for necessary the track, where brake fade is quite easy to accomplish after 2 or 3 laps. Even so, I think that Mr. Paddle-shift is still using bmw brakes during his track events with no problems. Sure it would nice to have, but it is closer to the bottem of my list. I think that upgrading the pads and going to Stainless steal brakelines would be an upgrade enough. I have stop-tech's brakes lines now. They are great.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
as he said not needed when u do NORMAL driving its notlike the SC added another 1,000 lbs at normal driving to warrant extra stopping power if u plan to race then yes get the bbk if not just upgrade pads and rotors and some SS lines i did it all for $500

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
russ330 said:
If not, I don't see the point of a BBK other than the bling factor :drool:
:werd: the main reason why I purchased BBKs, just for show :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys and girl :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
741 Posts
JimBOT said:
Hey,

I was just wondering if a bbk (stoptech or brembo) is a recommended upgrade when installing a SC :dunno: Just thought I'd ask you experienced FI people since I will be a newb :D
no, your stock brake are actually really good, i had stock brakes for 5 mon. before i upgraded to a BBK.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have been driving with my Upgraded Disc's and Pads, no BBK, and even with a couple of Track days, these brakes are good enough.

Durgesh

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There is a bling factor to the BBK's but the way i look at it is if you can go really fast really quickly you are best being able to stop very quickly. The stock 330 brakes are very capable but they don't compare to the brembos with good pads. just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see...I have heard the 330 brakes are a nice upgrade from the 325 brakes...I guess Ill see how the stocks once the kit is in...:thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts