E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !

I'm new to the forum, and i've been researching superchargers for my 325Ti Compact (European model) manual shift of course. I'm based in the Netherlands, and pump gas here is 95 octane.

So far, my eyes are more and more locking on the ESS TS2 kit for a 325. The website says it's for all 325, and i've also read about a stage 1 kit of Infinitas build in my car type:

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Compact-with-Compressor/A_2850/article.html

I understand that my engine is not an M3 engine, and i don't want to build in a supercharger only to wreck my engine or gearbox.

I'm a total rookie when it comes to this stuff, i'm not even a mechanic. I do have great help when it comes to building in any kit, so that's not going to be a problem, i've plenty of mechanics helping me out when time comes.

I want to have better acceleration, i'm not trying to boost the top speed as i'm not a racer. I'll make sure to dyno my car before and after of course.

I guess my questions to this forum are:

(1) Am i right to go for the ESS TS2 ?
(2) Can i regret it because this engine is just not made to be supercharged ?
(3) Is the 8PSI too much for my ride ?
(4) Besides the KIT, should i upgrade anything else ?
(5) Where are good places in holland to dyno my car ? I'm based in Almere, the Netherlands.

Thanks for any reply. I'll post some pictures on my profile shortly of my ride, but it's quite standard, only the outside has been changed slightly.

Greetings,

Jeroen

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
Hi guys !

I'm new to the forum, and i've been researching superchargers for my 325Ti Compact (European model) manual shift of course. I'm based in the Netherlands, and pump gas here is 95 octane.

So far, my eyes are more and more locking on the ESS TS2 kit for a 325. The website says it's for all 325, and i've also read about a stage 1 kit of Infinitas build in my car type:

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Compact-with-Compressor/A_2850/article.html

I understand that my engine is not an M3 engine, and i don't want to build in a supercharger only to wreck my engine or gearbox.

I'm a total rookie when it comes to this stuff, i'm not even a mechanic. I do have great help when it comes to building in any kit, so that's not going to be a problem, i've plenty of mechanics helping me out when time comes.

I want to have better acceleration, i'm not trying to boost the top speed as i'm not a racer. I'll make sure to dyno my car before and after of course.

I guess my questions to this forum are:

(1) Am i right to go for the ESS TS2 ?
YES, IT'S AN AWESOME KIT!!!!!!

(2) Can i regret it because this engine is just not made to be supercharged ?
You will regret it for not doing this sooner :)

(3) Is the 8PSI too much for my ride ?
According to ESS it's the maximum safe limit for the engine without further internal mods

(4) Besides the KIT, should i upgrade anything else ?
Perhaps clutch, when it goes out

(5) Where are good places in holland to dyno my car ? I'm based in Almere, the Netherlands.

Thanks for any reply. I'll post some pictures on my profile shortly of my ride, but it's quite standard, only the outside has been changed slightly.

Greetings,

Jeroen
Don't know about the last point though

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks paraklas !

anyone have experience SC-ing a Compact ?

greetings,

dub

·
Registered
158 Posts
My apologies for not responding to you sooner! I was going through my email and some how missed it.

Contact [email protected] , I have forwarded your email to him, but our spam filters are so aggressive sometimes it is necessary to send an email twice. He can answer all of your questions!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Dub !

Same car for me and same request,
what is your feeling? Is job done?
How heavy was the shipping and taxes?

Thx for your advices.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi deslandes,

Here's my write up :

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=700349&highlight=

I actually drove to Norway to have it installed, so i didn't pay shipping. Please talk to Hans about the Tax question !
Although i have a few cold start issues every now and then, the kit performs superb. You transform a fast 523ti almost into a supercar; you will be as quick as the E46 M3.

Do take the stage 2 kit from ESS; heat is the enemy and the intercooler keeps things nice and cold.

If you have more questions, just contact ESS in Norway; best is to call Hans Kirkerod (+4741558555 , esstuning.com )
In Holland we have a few kits now with a TwinScrew, and we all love it very much.

Last August i hosted a meeting in the Netherlands with boosted cars, you can find some pics here:

http://www.shoarmateam.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2076
(sorry it's in dutch, but pictures are international !!)

If you have more questions, just PM me !

greetings,

Dub

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Dub, really thx for all information and links.
Perfect !
How many kms since your tranformation?
Any 0-100km/h or km or 400m to compare with stock data? (7.3sec / 28.5 / 15.6)
Any video of your car?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dub, really thx for all information and links.
Perfect !
How many kms since your tranformation?
Any 0-100km/h or km or 400m to compare with stock data? (7.3sec / 28.5 / 15.6)
Any video of your car?
Hi Deslandes,

I haven't taken any measurements; but the car is really quick; it's in the 5 - 5.5 seconds range for sure. You can see my performance gain, i went from 175 - 272 whp. So far, i've driven about 25.000 km with the kit; i've recently changed the oil in the sc as well. The oil looked very clean, but it seems like there wasn't the 120 ml in it anymore, so over time it is important to maintain it, as adviced by ESS.

I also changed my spark plugs after i had the kit installed; that made a huge difference. They had 80.000 km on them, after changing them, the car felt refreshed and the mileage became better.

I have no video either, sorry about that.

If you were any closer, i'd invite you over for a test drive (in the passenger seat though :rolleyes: )

Let me know if you need more data ! A PM is good; i'll respond quicker ...

Greetings,

Jeroen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts