BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw 2 RMS supercharged E46 M3s and a supercharged Z8 at the autoshow. I talked to the owner of the silver car for a while. He said it's running 6 psi and 450 hp to the crank and goes for $9,000 installed. He has stage one but he's trying to go for stage 2 which will be 500 hp. do you guys think it's safe to run a supercharger on the M3? i'm kinda worried with all the engines blowing and im sure with a supercharger the engine warranty will be void. plus i've read all the shady work with RMS in the past...

But their supercharged Z8 looked completely sick... all that CF in the engine bay... woooooowwwwww.... too bad i forgot my camera :bawling: :cry:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Damn too bad you didn't bring it. I don't know if it is safe yet, but it would be awesome :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,932 Posts
damn.......I need to check it out tonight! Btw, you should wait for the Dinan one comes out or check out the G-Power one.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
here is a pic

witnessed RMS and OSH blow up an S54 in Virgina. Don't think i could trust them for that and many other reasons.

If i was lookin into a SC id be shipping the car to Germany to have G-Power perform the work as well as warranty it. G Power has been out for quite some time and actually has real customers, not just demo cars like RMS.

Dinan SC- release is due out in an estimated year and a half

ESS SC- has pased its due point and is undertimined if it will in fact be released to due to the setbacks arised during R&D

For now im stickin with BPU's and am more than satisfied with the usable power.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there was another supercharged silver m3 on CHs. they told me there are 5 RMS supercharged M3s running around LA. the weird thing is they said they did no software tuning, just bolt on the supercharger kit and off you go :confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
CruizinKO, did u get to chat with the BMW representatives about the 330i HP Sport?

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
CruizinKO said:
there was another supercharged silver m3 on CHs. they told me there are 5 RMS supercharged M3s running around LA. the weird thing is they said they did no software tuning, just bolt on the supercharger kit and off you go :confused:
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
330xi AWD said:
CruizinKO, did u get to chat with the BMW representatives about the 330i HP Sport?
no i didn't... but i sat in it... it's really nice, alcantara seats and steering wheel and black cube trim :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,932 Posts
CruizinKO said:
5 of them??? damn....they should be in the shop by now.

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,327 Posts
CruizinKO said:
that is quite :confused:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Unless RMS gets some dyno sheets together and gets some decent miles on their "test" cars, we can't make any good conclusions. Their efforts look promising, but only time will tell. As for the PY M3 in that pic, looks to me like it was just a "show" car put together just to show off their developments on the S54 powerplant. I seriously doubt that car is used in that configuration on a daily basis. I remember reading about the first S54 M (roadster) that was supercharged by RMS, and Osh said that one of the weakest links was the factory airbox which could not withstand the added heat and pressures. They ended up cracking the stock one and making a temporary version(which I believe is still on the car) out of aluminum. The M3 pictured above still has the stock airbox.
Just my opinions, of course....

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
No software!! ROTFL!!!

John is right, I wouldnt trust RMS with any car for a blower, nevermind an S54. Granted, they have some of the nicest hardware in the industry, but pretty doesnt mean it works. Although the dinan S2 package coming out isnt big power gains, I bet with the gearing, etc. its going to make a crazy car wilder.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts