E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear experts,

I seriuosly need some help.

I am an owner of a 2001 Supercharged BMW E46 330Ci
(Auto-transmission).

I have fitted the following Parts in my car:

* ESS Vortech Supercharger (7 psi) with a High Flow
Cold Air Intake Systems.

* DINAN High Flow Throttle Body.

* HAMANN Sport Exhaust System (High Performance End
Muffler and Exhaust Manifolds "Headers").

* NOWACK Sport Camshafts.

* RE-Programmed my ECU by ESS.

I am interested in upgrading my car's performance and I am looking for the following parts (BUT I Can't Find them):

1- High volume Intercooler for my supercharger.
2- Electric Engine Fan.
3- Transmission Oil Coolers.
4- Engine oil coolers.
5- Underdrive Pulleys.
6- Limited Slip-Differential with a shorter final
drive ratio such as the 3.64 Diff to replace my stock
3.38 diff to effectively increase the torque delivered
to the ground for faster acceleration.
7- Port polished high performance cylinder head.
8- Specially manufactured head gasket to lower the
Compression.
9- High performance cardan shaft.
10-High performance intake manifolds.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Can anyone help me ?

Best Regards,

Rakony :cry:

·
is on da floor
2,676 Posts
Rakony said:

I am interested in upgrading my car's performance and I am looking for the following parts (BUT I Can't Find them):

2- Electric Engine Fan.
4- Engine oil coolers.
5- Underdrive Pulleys.
Compression.

Can anyone help me ?

Best Regards,

1- I think ESS is making a stage 2 supercharger w/ intercooler (saw another post about this) maybe you can get that? Or custom fit another intercooler from another supercharger such as ASA or AA supercharger kits?
2- No clue :(
3- No clue again :(
4- Not sure, but the AA supercharger kits come with one (www.activeautowerke.com) Maybe you can contact them and get a hold of a oil cooler?
5- UUC or Rouge makes them (http://www.uucmotorwerks.com) (http://www.rogueengineering.com)
6- Contact RENNSport (http://www.renn-sport.net/BMW/engine/technik_engine.htm)
7,8,9,10- Contact RENNSport again, maybe they can help you out :dunno:

PS: you might have better luck posting here: http://www.renn-sport.net/forums/

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hehe I am just wondering, but why are you so sad? I mean I would be happy if I had a S/C 330ci.
how does that car currently perform?

Im sure you will find thouse parts so dont worry. For the underdrive pulleys I would go with UUC. I hear nothing but good things from them.

good luck

·
Registered
813 Posts
couple of big issues

1 you don't wanna blow your step out.... if you push more than 300hp you could do that... sc alone puts you at 335... thats bad... headers, special intake, exhaust, cams... you're pushin close to samir's car there and you probably got something like 360!!!! your step will be turned to mush if you do anything more.

For your diff... you want a HIGHER number not a lower number.
You should already be kicking m3 ass with all those mod's i'm not sure how much faster you could make it safely

for intake manifold try schrick... for gaskets ask renn
and yes what the heck kinda shaft is that last one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
also i dunno how the pulleys will work since you have a different belt on there as it is

·
Registered
862 Posts
Rakony said:
Dear experts,

I seriuosly need some help.

I am an owner of a 2001 Supercharged BMW E46 330Ci
(Auto-transmission).

I have fitted the following Parts in my car:

* ESS Vortech Supercharger (7 psi) with a High Flow
Cold Air Intake Systems.

* DINAN High Flow Throttle Body.

* HAMANN Sport Exhaust System (High Performance End
Muffler and Exhaust Manifolds "Headers").

* NOWACK Sport Camshafts.

* RE-Programmed my ECU by ESS.

2- Electric Engine Fan.
4- Engine oil coolers.
5- Underdrive Pulleys.
Compression.

Can anyone help me ?

Best Regards,

for all that money, just get an M3. that's a lot of work, time and money to get all of those done, and I mean A LOT!

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,342 Posts
damn

isnt it a shyt load of money to swap trannys?
how much would u have to pay for a new one? plus to install it?

-Alex

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Re: Re: Super Charged 330 Ci Upgrade

maynardc said:

for all that money, just get an M3. that's a lot of work, time and money to get all of those done, and I mean A LOT!
its just not the same. i bet he would be much happier knowing he built that kind of engine instead of just buying it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys

I would like to thank you all for those great replies. Special thanks to niL.

I have contacted ESS and YES:pimpin: they are going to offer a STAGE II for my baby in JAN 04 and it will include the following :

* Integrated Hi-Flow ESS intercooler system for superior discharge temperature reduction under high boost operation.
* Larger crankshaft supercharger pulley
* New Supercharger drive pulley.
* Heavy-duty drive belt.
* ESS Supercharger software matched to higher boost and intercooling. 9 PSI

Stage II would add around 30-35 HP.

My Current Bimmer Runs with around 345HP with the all Mods included.
:thumbup:

YES burrito007 I do Kick M3 Asses BIG TIME.

I raced couple of new M3s (6 Speed Manual and seq) and here were the results:
From 0-60Mph we were head to head.
From 60Mph to 125Mph I am ahead by 2-3 Cars.
From a Street Start around 25Mph I seriuosly kick ass, I directly jump infront of the M3 all the way to 135Mph.
But in top speed :cry: Due to my DEAD 5th gear with (final drive 3.38) The M3 kicks back and gets infront up to 155Mph, but then I pass by him slowly doing around 165Mph.

I totally agree with you egyptnads, there is nothing like building your own car ;)

Yes playinJ30, for the "cardan" shaft, I ment a high performance Carbon drive shaft, but I don't know if it is strong enough.

Lexie330ci, My car is a 2001 Model with german specs, I don't have an electric engine fan.

I guess I have to search for this guy "Samir" at renn-sport and ask for his assistane.

I would love to change my transmission to a 6 speed manual, but isn't that a BIG JOB to do ? I am not sure if the mechanics here are qualified to do such a job !!

Once again, thanks for all the support. I'll keep you guys updated

:pimpin:

Yours

Rakony

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
PICS!

·
moderation in all things
884 Posts
it might be worth removing your mods, sell your auto 330, and buy a 6-speed 330 and stick your mods on there. with all that hp and torque, you steptronic will go boom...

check out technik stage 4 + ASA stage 2 at www.renn-sport.net

·
Registered
813 Posts
dude.... if your auto hasn't gone boom... maybe theres still hope for us step drivers who want to get stage2+ na... hehehe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Guys,

I will provide you all with some PICS of my Super Charged 330Ci as soon as possible. I am praying for my Auto Transmission to live as much as it could. :)

* Dear Me002,

I bought the HAMANN Sport Exhaust System (High Performance End Muffler and Exhaust Manifolds "Headers") directlt from HAMANN in Germany. The headers make a real difference specially at the top end and really sounds great.

Rakony

·
Registered
367 Posts
Rakony said:
Hi Guys,

I will provide you all with some PICS of my Super Charged 330Ci as soon as possible. I am praying for my Auto Transmission to live as much as it could. :)

* Dear Me002,

I bought the HAMANN Sport Exhaust System (High Performance End Muffler and Exhaust Manifolds "Headers") directlt from HAMANN in Germany. The headers make a real difference specially at the top end and really sounds great.

Rakony
thanks man

·
The Achiever
1,663 Posts
the transmission swap is really not that *big* of a job, to be honest. It has been done before.

Go to your local BMW dealership and ask to speak w/ the head technician, tell him you'd like to swap to a manual transmission, preferably a 6 spd. Both the new 330i ZHP and the M3 come w/ 6 spds that can be placed in the car as a direct swap.

I really believe that this will benefit you mroe than anything and make the car even faster than it is by alot (especially if you get high performance clutch and LTW flywheel). It is definitely going to be the best mod you can do for the car right now, period.

Doesn't sound like you are short on cash, so I would go w/ this route first. I'm saving up so I can get my transmission swapped as soon as possible.

Also, you could just get a 330 with a manual transmission and swap all your current mods onto that one, but that is a huge hassle and may turn out to be more expensive in the end.

All the other mods you are looking at are really not going to help more than 30-40 horsepower and will be very expensive. A good high performance manual transmission will give you I'd say, around the equivalent of 100 horsepower worth of performance in regards to accelleration and tracking especially. Your transmission cannot handle much more power and will likely blow soon if you drive it often, do yourself a favor and switch it out now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts