E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to fix my sunshade, and figured out it's my slider driver. I have seen it in a repair kit but only need that part. Any info on a part # is greatly appreciated. do not want to buy a whole repair kit for one part if I absolutely do not have too.:idea: does the clip come as part of the slider driver?

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
have that diagram but doesn't show the part I am talking about. already changed out the left side parts. what I am looking for is the part that clips to the left sliding piece so when i put the sunroof in vent it moves the slider back about an inch. I believe it's the slider driver but even the bmw place in town says it's not made seperately, but they don't sell the repair kits either.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That sounds like the part that broke on me. There are two of them, and they are part number 16 if I am understanding you correctly. If not, then I am sorry and I don't know what part you are referring to.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I see what your saying now. Yeah. That might be a difficult part to find on its own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like i may just have to buy the whole kit after all but will keep looking around for a little longer and see if I can find it. thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That part broke on mine as well.
I didn't replace it. I kind of bent the arm up a bit so it makes better contact with the sunshade.
You might be able to make a substitute with tape or cable ties.
But I haven't had any problems, tho I don't press my luck by asking the driver to slide the sunshade all the way open. I always do that myself.
So its only for the last little bit where the drive does it.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-328i-M52_2.8L/Interior/Sunroof/ES156736/, if you go to the above link and click the picture it is the 3rd picture, slide driver. those pieces you are talking about are the sliding piece left. I have already replaced those but their is no clip to attach the back one to the part i am talking about.
The sunshade does not attach to the slider driver.

I'm confused. You can buy the driver separately. What's the problem? You need an Item 16, or two, and that's all. You may need new Item 17s also, but if one is missing, you can usually find it with a flashlight hiding at the back of the roof cavity.

I've had to reform the slider driver thing, but I have never replaced one. The Item 16 does not attach. There are no clips that I can remember. There are different Item 16s, depending on your production date. The difference is that the tab section with the screw holes comes in two sizes, and you have to use the right size for the shade you have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts