BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the problem I have with sunroof rattling at high speed (65 and above)?

I've had this problem on my M5 for 3mos. now. Ive taken it to dealership and they cant figure out where the rattle noise is coming from.

** Rattle noise happens only when my sunroof is closed. Also, the noise is there whether I have the visor roof open or closed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
tell them to remove the sunroof and refit and re-lubricate it. Thats what they did to mine under warranty, but mine only made a noise when going at low speed on a rough surface.

after the refit, the problem was remedied.

·
Track it
929 Posts
mine made noise over small bumps and cracks in the road...it got pretty annoying. It ended up being the headliner...i don't know exactly what they did to eliminate the noise, probably some felt tape, or floam of some kind....good luck

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
111 Posts
I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry to read you a have a problem with a rattle in your sunroof. If you and your BMW center need our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117, and mention Reference #200335206765 so that we can address your concerns.

BMW NA Customer Relations

1 - 4 of 4 Posts