BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

For a little less $, would you give up your sunroof?

• sunroof

Votes: 135 79.9%
  • no sunroof

Votes: 34 20.1%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a new M3 in Southern California, is a sunroof necessary? Just curious. Thanks!

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
sunroofs are nice, but if u have found an M without for a good deal, the 333hp will quickly take ur mind off of that detail...

good luck

-brendan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gotta have a sunroof!!:thumbup:
I thought the M3 would have a Sunroof that came std.
Is the sunroof very heavy? I am asking is that if you track your car, and you want to get it as light as possible. then no sunroof :dunno:

Anyhow.. sunroof imo :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Kippy said:
Is the sunroof very heavy? I am asking is that if you track your car, and you want to get it as light as possible. then no sunroof :dunno:

Hehe worst case there is what -- a 5 lb difference? If that is such a big deal, lose 5 lbs ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
with all the electris motors n **** i dnt have a sunroof, makes the car look cleaner no glassin the middle to break up the lines

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
Kippy said:

If you are really into tracking, you dont want the sunroof, more for frame rigidity than for any other reason.

·
Registered
408 Posts
ask yourself if this, how many times do you use your sunroof on your current car...that should be the reason you want to dish nearly 1k...

i didn't get a sunroof because when i was driving my moms benz, i realized that i used the sunroof like once in 3-4 months. to me, that doesn't justify 1 grand that can be put to a set of KW's

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sunroof is a must

To me it's a more important option than xenon, power seat, rain sensor, etc. I use it all the time

·
(*00)\{iii}l{iii}/(00*)
1,082 Posts
u gotta have a sunroof cause all you will hear is..this car dont come w/ a sunroof? i didnt get a cd changer an all i hear from every1 who comes in the car is why isn't there a cd so do yaself a favor an get the s/r

·
Registered
829 Posts
see I wish I had a conv. but I wanted a e46 and didn't have the cash to get on. So now I just open my sunroof every time I drive anywhere. I also live in Soutern Cali and I say you would hate your self for not getting one.

I also second that "Cool Mode"
And Yes, The girls like the sunroof

·
Registered
376 Posts
KurriMasta said:
ask yourself if this, how many times do you use your sunroof on your current car...that should be the reason you want to dish nearly 1k...
That's the truth. I realize I use mine for maybe 10 minutes every three months.

Plus, I'd rather have the extra headroom, both for daily use and to clear a helmet.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts