E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

seeing as i put blizzaks on my oem 68's I will be purchasing a summer set of rims and tires soon (hopefully this snow ends) I'm torn between getting 18"s or 19"s... i really like the look of 19"s on a coupe.. but i know with the 18"'s ill get a little more tire....any advice/ input would be helpfull.

when i had my jeep i never worried about the road conditions (god knows their miserable in most places) so i just would like to get some opinions on the best setup to run on these roads

Thanks!

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
7,435 Posts
i'd never drive on 19's around here, unless it was on an M3.. and even still, I'd be paranoid i'd destroy them, and I am SUPER careful. But then again I drive a lot, so that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
19s look better than 18s IMO, but you'll probably get better performance (cause it'll most likely be lighter) and comfort from the 18s. Tires will also be a bit cheaper with the 18s.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm going to try and sell the 19s that came with my car and go with 18s. (Psss... the 19s are in rough shape and you can have them cheap! Racing Dynamics RD2 - with 1 season left of rubber on them.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Then again, I may just run these rims until the rubber dies and then sell them or refinish them... damnit... why can't I just make up my mind?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i went from stock 18s 225 front and 255 rears to vmr v710 19s. 245 fronts and 285 rear. that was a really aggressive setup. the ride was noticeably worse. the look however, is soooooooooooo much better. i cannot reiterate how much better 19s look than 18s but it is up to you. do you want looks or comfort? with comfort, you can save some money as well! im in the market for a set of 18s for this year since i sold off my 19s before winter. good luck whichever direction your headed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies everyone, im going for more comfort... im thinking of getting a set of 18" bremmer kraft br05's staggered to give myself a little more agressive look and it will also save me on tires because the 19" rims arent that much more but the tires in a staggered set up can get pricey...and god knows it takes only one pot hole that the DPW "fixed" to ruin a rim/tire

I mean as much as 19"s look that much better i feel like the roads are the biggest reason to stray away.... makes me wish i lived in FLA id run 20"s :4ngie:

·
Registered
0 Posts
thanks for the replies everyone, im going for more comfort... im thinking of getting a set of 18" bremmer kraft br05's staggered to give myself a little more agressive look and it will also save me on tires because the 19" rims arent that much more but the tires in a staggered set up can get pricey...and god knows it takes only one pot hole that the DPW "fixed" to ruin a rim/tire

I mean as much as 19"s look that much better i feel like the roads are the biggest reason to stray away.... makes me wish i lived in FLA id run 20"s :4ngie:
i hear ya. roads are sinking into the ground and leaving dips all over the place. gotta drive slllooooww.

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
7,435 Posts

meh.. :thumbdwn: 20's on an E46 is just too much IMO.. maybe on an E60 M5, but that's about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts