BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here's the situation. Currently the 330xi is on a lease that ends in March. I've had the car for three years and now I'm really liking it, especially since I'm starting to get into the mods too. I want to keep the car. Right now, for the lease, I'm paying $605 / month, I had put $2500 down initially back in 2001. Today I talked to my dealership and got some numbers for switching the vehicle to own instead of lease. These are the new numbers:

Remaining Value: $29k
Roll In Extended Warranty: $3000 ( (new rotors, break pads, and full reconditioning of the car) )
3.9%
No Money Down
5 years: $ $596 / month

Everything was good in my mind until the $596 per month. Now I'm thinking to myself, if I got a new car on lease for three years by only paying $605 a month, why pay the same amount for an older car, for A LONGER period of time when I can lease a newer model of the same car or a more powerful ZHP? But then I go back at looking to see the mods I've already done (pretty simple ones - trim, lights, subs, - all reversable) but what I also had planned. If I got a new car I would be spending a lot of money on down payment and then I would have a newer car that is stock. SO what would you guys do in this situation?

Re-finance the current car for the same payments and totally mod it up

OR

Lease a newer car and do minimal mods like the last one (trim, lights, subs, alarm, etc.)???

I need some feedback and advice, cause I'm stuck:banghead:

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I re-lease the 330xi then I'll run into a similar situation 3 years down the line.....won't I? I mean the payments will be much lower, but then you gotta remember it'll be 3 years later, a lotta new stuff will be out by then...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts