BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im new to this forum, and I currently have an E36 M3, but am in the hunt for an E46. My question is should I get a 2001 M3, or get a 2001 3-Series and put the money I save into mods? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
to be honest, get the m3 and hold off on mods for a year if you have to.. m3 will always be a step above a 3-series.. hate to say it but it's true.

·
Banned
277 Posts
M3s are so over played.....I mean they are IMO the nicest car out there in there class...Look around just casue BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine dosent mean you have to be the ultimate driver...

·
Banned
3 Posts
M3 is a nice car but too much $$$. Just get a 330ci and MOD the hell out of it. Thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
202 Posts
You're going to be disappointed w/ the 3-series if u step down from an E36 ///M3. I'd go for the 2001 ///M3 dude. BTW, E36 ///M3's :drool:

·
Registered
727 Posts
ThrottleJunkie said:
Hey, Im new to this forum, and I currently have an E36 M3, but am in the hunt for an E46. My question is should I get a 2001 M3, or get a 2001 3-Series and put the money I save into mods? Thanks in advance.
Whats the $$$ differential you are seeing between the 2? That would have a big influence on any decision.

·
Registered
597 Posts
No doubt get an M3. I had a 330ci before the M3 and there is a HUGE difference. I had PSS9's, 18 inch SSR GT3's with S03's, and sways, and the M3 stock handles sooo much better then the 330ci. Like faithmassive said, the M3 will always be a step ahead. I'm going through pains of not modding right away, but its worth it since I know firsthand what the difference is.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,680 Posts
///M3

·
Registered
198 Posts
If i had the option i would get the M3, no matter how many mods u put on a 3er, the sound of the M3 engine, the sheer power at a meer touch of your big toe... it owuldn't even cross my mind not to get the M3.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Keep the e36.

I have an E46 and the only thing I like better about the new one is the added power and better seats. The e36 is alot better of a car. It felt built better. The e46 is clunky in the dif, in the driveshaft, in the shifter, in the clutch. Its not silky like the e36.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
118 Posts
m3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, I'm gonna keep the E36. But I would like to post another question. Are there any body kits out there that look better than the stock M3, and if so, where can I find one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts