BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2002 325xi with HK 460 sound system. I was driving around the other day and radio was working fine. I parked for a few hours and when I started the car up there was nothing. I had not driven over a big bump or anything like that.

The monitor works as does the GPS. When the scan button is pressed, it appears like the radio finds a station and stops, but no sound at all. There is no hissing or crackling from the speakers.

I would have thought if a fuse went out, the monitor and other features would not work. Wouldn't think all the speakers could go at once.

I know nothing about audio systems. i have not had good luck with this car and don't want to spend a lot (e.g. dealer). Anyone have any ideas what's wrong and how to fix??

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry--this had posted before, but thanks for replies

Derek0606 and celo177---thanks for the quick replies to my post. I will pull the fuses and replace and if that doesn't work, I will put in new ones.

You figure things like transmissions, suspension parts, etc. will eventually wear out, but wouldn't think the radio should just "go". I've babied this thing--only has 23K over 5 1/2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts