BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
O.D.
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there such a thing that puts your transmission into a safety gear or something, so that you cant rev above a certain rpm or hurt the trans, it its already in bad conditions? i dunno, that might have been a dumb question, but i just wanna know.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yes and it is very dangerous I think. Basically if a unusual condition occurs it will cut itself off and send a signal the the ECU for a engine cut also!

I went to fast from reverse to drive and the car was slightly rolling backward when I switched to drive and my car cut off! Now had I been in the middle of traffic trying to make a quick maneuver, I would be dead.

325i-Vizon said:
is there such a thing that puts your transmission into a safety gear or something, so that you cant rev above a certain rpm or hurt the trans, it its already in bad conditions? i dunno, that might have been a dumb question, but i just wanna know.

·
O.D.
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, would cold weather do anything like this? cuz i keep getting this damn sign that pops up next to where it tells you if your in D,R, etc..... only when the car is cold. and when i drive, its really really sluggish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts