E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some suggestions.

Here are a few options:
1) custom job
2) BSW setup
3) JL stealthbox (if i can find it)

I know for custom, i would probably go with the sub box that sits on the battery area.

My questions start with BSW. I know some ppl think it is good enough and is perfect for them. Can anyone tell me the difference between the old 2 subwoofer model vs the new 1 subwoofer model they offer? Is is a lot quieter? or is the old 2 subwoofer model something that would be a "hot" find if i were going for more bass. Also does the woofer box block the dvd navigation door where it can swing down? i cant tell from the pictures BSW offers.

As for JL Stealthbox, has anyone ever copied this sub box and made it themselves to sell? or is it just find it when a user puts it up type find.

im not looking for killer bass, i used to have 2 JL12w3v2 in my 300zx and that was more than plenty. I just want something that looks clean and adds a little more thump to my sound.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
You can go for a custom job but you want to make sure it is quality. That will cost you. If it were me, I'd go with BSW.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Go custom. I have a w7 in the ski pass for the same amount as the bsw system. I'm 90 percent sure mine is louder and sounds better.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
215 Posts
for a motivation - tmrw - im going to take a picture of my fiberglass 2x8" 'box' thats over the battery/wheel well...

Go big or go home!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
d210 had ~400 watts for 2 tens.
d110 now has ~380 watts for a single ten.

Output is ALMOST exactly the same. It is now smaller, slimmer and has a plate amp. It is a great improvement over what it was. Highly recommend it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts