E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got my subframe welded back and re-enforced. I can that the side that broke is fixed (driver) but how can i tell if the passenger side has been reinforced? I can't tell from the bottom, is it in between the trunk lining and the bottom?

anyone who's had this done know?

·
Registered
345 Posts
go under the car with a light and see which areas have been welded. You could have avoided this problem by having the people repairing the car take pictures of the repair as they went (that's what I did). If you are really paranoid, pull everything out of the trunk, and the back seat and have someone shine a light on the trunk and rear floor sheetmetal while you look from underneath. any cracks should be illuminated by the light from the inside. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i see one weld repair, they even repainted it from the trunk side. the other side wasnt ripped yet but i asked the to reinforce it. don't see any repainting or notice anything under the car. unless its something between the trunk and the outside, im guessing they didnt do that work...

wolf328ci said:
go under the car with a light and see which areas have been welded. You could have avoided this problem by having the people repairing the car take pictures of the repair as they went (that's what I did). If you are really paranoid, pull everything out of the trunk, and the back seat and have someone shine a light on the trunk and rear floor sheetmetal while you look from underneath. any cracks should be illuminated by the light from the inside. Good luck.

·
Registered
816 Posts
where did you go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts