E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as I was taking my trunk apart to install some crossovers I saw this scary view. Right underneeth where the trunk carpet is glued into the floor, some small cracks started developing. Swear to god those werent there just couple weeks ago. I just put my 19s on maybe 1.5 month ago. Car is stock, OEM suspension components, 115k miles. Is that even subframe? I dont really have time to look for similar pictures on forum so Im looking for quick advice whether or not it is indeed subframe and about how big of a damage do you guys think it is? I am yet to get under the car, so will update/post more pictures from the bottom. Also how did all that dirt got in there?

https://picasaweb.google.com/107245418067836777108/Subframe?authkey=Gv1sRgCKuy1K7rj-fdHw#

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't see cracks.... I just see crud. Try taking pics with something better.
I agree. You understand that the black tar/goo is the sound deadener and is supposed to be there. Same with that painted seam sealer stuff they trowel on.

I am not saying there are not cracks, but I did not see any in the pics. You need to do closer pics and point out the cracks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.