BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been researching this topic on various forums and I find myself confused. I understand that the M Parallel rims were not intended to be on a 3 series, let alone a non M 3 series. I also understand that the offsets on these rims are an incorrect fitment for this car, plus I have seen people say the hub bore sizes are different. I am just looking for clarification because I’m a noob on this topic and I absolutely love the look of these wheels and would love to implement them into my build. I just would like to have a better understanding of what I’m getting myself into. I have seen these rims on non M 3 series before in other forums but they lacked explain action of where they acquired the wheels or how they got them to fit properly. Even though are they not a direct fit are they still capable of being implemented without major modifications? Or are there replicas of the M Parallels that are intended to be on an e46? I appreciate any and all help on this topic. I am horribly nooby when it comes to this please bare with me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All genuine style 37 wheels (m parallel) are 18” with varying widths from 8”-9.5”. 8” wide wheels are either et13 or et20 depending why model they come off of. Et20 should fit e46 non-m as a square setup. Et13 would require extra camber and/or fender rolling/pulling. 9” wide wheels come et22 and et24. It is known that a 9” wide et30 wheel will fit with at least -2.5° front camber. These widths and offsets may need extra camber/fender modification. 9.5” wide wheels only came et25. 9.5” et35 is known to fit with at least -3.0° front camber and rolled fenders. I don’t see any reason to try to fit such an aggressive width and offset for any functional setup. If you’re going for a stanced look these might be able to be made to fit.

If you get a set of wheels from any e39, you will need hub centering adapter rings to adapt the 74.1 PCD to 72.5 PCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All genuine style 37 wheels (m parallel) are 18” with varying widths from 8”-9.5”. 8” wide wheels are either et13 or et20 depending why model they come off of. Et20 should fit e46 non-m as a square setup. Et13 would require extra camber and/or fender rolling/pulling. 9” wide wheels come et22 and et24. It is known that a 9” wide et30 wheel will fit with at least -2.5° front camber. These widths and offsets may need extra camber/fender modification. 9.5” wide wheels only came et25. 9.5” et35 is known to fit with at least -3.0° front camber and rolled fenders. I don’t see any reason to try to fit such an aggressive width and offset for any functional setup. If you’re going for a stanced look these might be able to be made to fit.

If you get a set of wheels from any e39, you will need hub centering adapter rings to adapt the 74.1 PCD to 72.5 PCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the detailed response, this is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts