BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted them yesterday.. With 4 different brand of tyres 225/40/18 all around..

I like the concave..:)

Suspension is Koni FSDs & Eibach Pro Kit.. I wish i could go lower.. But i like the comfort of this set up and also i will scrape everywhere if i go lower..

No cam.. Just crappy sony ericsson mobile photos.. :D

Enjoy..

Wheels are 9x18 ET40 front rear and tyres 225/40/18 (4 different brands).. You can clearly see the difference of the stretch.. Each brand sits differently..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would you choose to mount 4 different tires on the same vehicle? :b:
Hahaha.. Cause i want them for summer set up and i didn't want to pay extra for tyres.. Iam gonna use them for 1-2 months (car isn't a daily driver, ive done 4.000 km this year :)) and then iam gonna get back to 17 ultralleggeras..
I will probably buy new tyres for the 18s next summer...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lookin nice man, lovin the ride
Thanks man!!

*********** ling long ting tong.

That's right!! I agree!! :lmao::lmao:

Guys what tires (brand) do you recomend in 225/40/18 that will do this type of stretch, like Linglong..??
I was planing to buy 2 continentals (SC3) for front but i don't like the stretch.. (the one i have rear left is a SC2)
Should i go with 215/40/18 or stick to 225/40/18 and get some other brand that does the type of stretch that i like?
Iam also thinking of spacing them out a bit..??:4ngie: Yes or No..??

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u should probably put NSFW on this, those wheels are naked.... where's your BMW center caps
4 different tires equals disaster, can't wait to see the wear in a month or two..
should have saved a bit of money to get matching tires cuz this may cost you
I will put the center caps.. He forgot to send them..
I live in an island.. No highways here.. Car is not a daily driver and i usually don't drive hard.. I did 4k km this year.. The 2 fronts are almost new but are old production date..
Iam not saying you are not right.. I just know what i am doing..
I might change the 2 fronts with brand new and put the fronts that i have now rear..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys what tires (brand) do you recomend in 225/40/18 that will do this type of stretch, like Linglong..??
I was planing to buy 2 continentals (SC3) for front but i don't like the stretch.. (the one i have rear left is a SC2)
Should i go with 215/40/18 or stick to 225/40/18 and get some other brand that does the type of stretch that i like?
Iam also thinking of spacing them out a bit..??:4ngie: Yes or No..??
????????????????

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I've always loved those wheels in a staggered setup with the rear concave...but this looks nice too. It looks like your add on spoiler fit better than mine did, I ended up taking it off.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've always loved those wheels in a staggered setup with the rear concave...but this looks nice too. It looks like your add on spoiler fit better than mine did, I ended up taking it off.
Thanks mate!! :) You mean the CSL style rear spoiler? It's been 3 years now since i fitted it.. The guy who put it, spent a lot of time test fitting it until it fitted perfect.. It required some modifications such as grinding at some points to make it fit perfect.. Painted and fitted with strong thick double-sided tape and from the inside he put a black glue, i don't know if it was silicon or that thing that they use at the windshields.. No problems and fitment is perfect.. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you can go lower. just eliminate the wheel gap. do it. do it. do it.
I wish i could mate.. :)
I wish i could eliminate that wheel gap somehow.. without sacrifising comfort.. I like my current set up (FSDs-Pro Kit) in our crap Greek roads..
Plus, if i go lower, i won't be able to drive into some roads here that i live.. I will have to think of alternative roads to avoid scraping.. :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice,but my are a little bit concave than yours;-)
:neener::brent2::craig: hahahahaha..

Maybe.. Different manufacturer.. Yours are also different color, they are darker..

You can't tell from the pics.. Seeing them live, on the car are very nice.. And the concave is good..

1 - 20 of 66 Posts