BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front parking lamp on the passenger's side is not lighting. I poped the corner out and it lit back up. So I just checked the connections and slid it back in. Two days later it was back out again. I pulled the light out again last night and the bulb is not burnt out. I blew into the connectors to get any loose dirt off in case that's the problem. But to no avail. So to sum it up. My bulb is not burnt out but it won't light up. And the other lights all work, so I don't think it's a fuse. What could be wrong? Just take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
464 Posts
You probably have some rust or something in the bulb socket...maybe you should try scrubbing the bulb socket. Or if all else fails, just buy a new bulb and see if that does the trick. :thumbup:

EDIT: Mine was doing the same thing and I noticed there was some small amount of rust...I scrubbed it off and no problem ever since.

·
Registered
420 Posts
WhiteDagger said:
You probably have some rust or something in the bulb socket...maybe you should try scrubbing the bulb socket. Or if all else fails, just buy a new bulb and see if that does the trick. :thumbup:

EDIT: Mine was doing the same thing and I noticed there was some small amount of rust...I scrubbed it off and no problem ever since.
:stupid: mine did it too....clean the connections...no problems

·
Registered
211 Posts
WhiteDagger said:
You probably have some rust or something in the bulb socket...maybe you should try scrubbing the bulb socket.
I bet that is your problem as well. I had the same problem and just took some light sandpaper to the bulb connection and to the socket area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts