E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm not trying to get attention but I need help.....but first let me tell you about my bad experience at Glensomething body shop in Ontario...I ****ing drive down there so I can ask about getting my moldings painted. The head guy is the BIGGEST ****ING D1CK, treats me like a little girl who just got a new bike from her daddy. All talking to me in baby ****ing talk and ****, patronizing me...he said there was no way I can get them painted since they're a different material than the regular body work, and something like residue from the soap I wash my car with (already washed it once, can the rims be any harder to clean?):banghead: :ben:
so while he's tellin me this bull, he's looking at me like I'm a dumbass and I sure felt like one too.... can anyone recommend me a good quality shop that'll paint my moldings?

Glen Body shop: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
He is full of shi.t. I got mine painted with wax, soap, and god knows what else on them. If you were in Seattle, i could recomend a good shop, but im not in cally. Generally go to a shop where you see tight cars, like Ferraris. They are probably more reputable, but reputable shops aren't always ripoffs.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
A1 in huntington beach or bodypros in gargen grove

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you go to a bodyshop and they say they cant do it, DRIVE AWAY! A good bodyshop can do it w/out any problems. It's not worth arguing about it w/them.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
AzN330iGiRliE said:
ok, I'm not trying to get attention but I need help.....but first let me tell you about my bad experience at Glensomething body shop in Ontario...I ****ing drive down there so I can ask about getting my moldings painted. The head guy is the BIGGEST ****ING D1CK, treats me like a little girl who just got a new bike from her daddy. All talking to me in baby ****ing talk and ****, patronizing me...he said there was no way I can get them painted since they're a different material than the regular body work, and something like residue from the soap I wash my car with (already washed it once, can the rims be any harder to clean?):banghead: :ben:
so while he's tellin me this bull, he's looking at me like I'm a dumbass and I sure felt like one too.... can anyone recommend me a good quality shop that'll paint my moldings?

Glen Body shop: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:
go somewhere else a good body shop can pretty much do anything and paint anything.:thumbup:

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
dont you just hate primitive body shops?

me: hi sir, can you tell where i can order lowering springs for my car?
primshopowner: now why in the world would wanna do something so dumb son? lowering a car? now thats just unheard of! (clutches his beer belly while chuckling at me)
me: so you dont know?
primshopowner: hey jake and jimbo, cmon out and take a look at this lil feller wanting to put some of them lowerin springs on his carr.

·
Registered
56 Posts
go to a1 auto in huntington beach... they do all my body work and did a great job with the moldings...

·
Registered
621 Posts
That is whack... we should construct some kind of e46fanatics black list for retailers/mod shops that are have bad service/crap/etc... whaddya think mods?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
ive had the same problem so far to 3 body shops ive asked todo it 2 in MD and one in VA I havent tried any here in FL, but they all say because its crinkle plastic it has silicon on it and the paint will come off in a year I did some reasearch and if they sand them down good and use good primer it will stay on fine and someone mentioned stuff about flex agent so im wondering about that stuff if it would help at all

·
moderation in all things
877 Posts
well, it's actually tough to find a bodyshop that will paint the moldings the correct way and do it for a reasonable price...

i don't know about any of the body shops mentioned above, but i decided to go with Bimmians.

when i get them back, i will post my review...

good luck :thumbup:

·
Suck it easy.............
2,237 Posts
I noticed that you are from chino hills...so I can recommend an excellent body shop in Covina...great place..only place I trust my car with...great guy to deal with also..
Unity Autobody...
PM me if you want more info.

PS...the place isn't cheap, but worth every penny for the great job that he will do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the support and advise everyone. jason330i, where is bimmian located? cause I think 150 is pretty good, but I dont want a half-ass job like I've seen on some E46s...my friend got his painted and it looks just like the rest of the body, that's what I'm looking for....Chase265, pm sent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ci FLY said:
dont you just hate primitive body shops?

me: hi sir, can you tell where i can order lowering springs for my car?
primshopowner: now why in the world would wanna do something so dumb son? lowering a car? now thats just unheard of! (clutches his beer belly while chuckling at me)
me: so you dont know?
primshopowner: hey jake and jimbo, cmon out and take a look at this lil feller wanting to put some of them lowerin springs on his carr.
hahah, sounded just like the bastard. "why would you wanna paint them moldings anyhow......"

me: have you heard of the tornado kit from RDsport? (haven't decided on a kit yet, reconsidering the whole OEM deal.....maybe).

dumbass: what the heck is the ternadeRRR? (ok, that was exaggerated)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts