BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace the hood on my leased 330ci due to some major denting. So i wanted to put on the M3 hood, but BMW USA will not allow me to put it on my car and told me if i do they are gonna charge me a bunch of $$$ to have it removed and a stock one put on the car. Apparently this applies to any modification of the car whatsoever. Well there goes any hope of doing anything nice to my car. Guess wheels is all i will get away with. This sucks.....:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then u can get a new car every three years. Its always nice to drive a new car before the old one starts to give u any trouble.

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
plus m3 hood requires some fender mods anyway.. why waste the money on a leased car...

i personally like to own car, because i have a relationship with my car, hate to see it go :sad:

·
Registered
935 Posts
e46boy said:
plus m3 hood requires some fender mods anyway.. why waste the money on a leased car...

i personally like to own car, because i have a relationship with my car, hate to see it go :sad:
same here....leasing=car rental feeling...i guess the accountants can justify leasing but i drive too much to ever have a profitable lease...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually you dont need much fender modification to make the M3 hood work on a regular 3 series. My body shop said it wouldnt take much more than fender adjustment to make it fit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
e46boy said:

Well its not really wasting money cause i have to get a new hood anyways. Its not like i just want to do this. The difference between the two is about 100 dollars. So its not a big deal

·
Alpha Male
7,152 Posts
Wake08 said:
Then u can get a new car every three years. Its always nice to drive a new car before the old one starts to give u any trouble.
To me that's like throwing money away. You pay all this money and get nothing at the end of your term.

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
Wake08 said:
I have to replace the hood on my leased 330ci due to some major denting. So i wanted to put on the M3 hood, but BMW USA will not allow me to put it on my car and told me if i do they are gonna charge me a bunch of $$$ to have it removed and a stock one put on the car. Apparently this applies to any modification of the car whatsoever. Well there goes any hope of doing anything nice to my car. Guess wheels is all i will get away with. This sucks.....:thumbdwn:
i don't think it is a bmw thing, more of a lease thing...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, obviously its a lease thing. If i owned my car it wouldnt be a problem. Its what BMW says about cars that they lease out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And tru u dont have anything after u payed for three years, but you also are not paying as much money as if you bought the car. You are only paying for what you used. Plus with leasing you are able to get a new car every 3 years before warrantys run out and problem start to occur with the car. Its a nice feeling to be able to pickup a new car with 8miles on the ODO. Plus u dont have to go through the difficulties of selling a car. But i am not trying to convince people on this site that leasing is better because obvisouly this is a site for people who mod there cars and therefore most likely dont lease. I am just trying to explain why some people do lease car. Not trying to start a war about buying vs. leasing.

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
I lease my BMW as well. I've found leasing to be the better alternative to me because I have a track record of keeping cars less than 2 years. Had I been buying, I'd have lost out big time. With leases it fits perfectly w/ my necessity to have new cars all the time. My M3 is due in by 12/14 (at the port) and will be a leased car as well. If you're diligent enough to save money on the side, and have a lump sum to contribute at the end of your term (providing you want to keep the car), then leasing can work out just fine. Lower pymts during the lease, and a lump sum after the lease, or possibly even a payoff. Who knows? But I'm glad there is a such thing as a lease, because sheez, my hunger for a new car never seems to be satisfied.

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
the only reason that i'll even consider doing a lease is for tax purpose... saves a lot of money for my parents in the long run... otherwise, there is really no point in leasing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts