BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got fed up of BMW of Austin and now I take my car else where. I am happy I made a good move. after I took my car elsewhere, I get an email from BMW of Austin asking for feedback and wanted to know how they were doing.

and now ..lol... I get a call from BMW of AUSTIN saying that they dont want to service my car anymore!! they are pissed off. lol..
All this because of the feedback I gave them, of my 2 year experiences with their horrible service department.

Unfortunately instead of using the feedback for their improvement, they just called me and said sorry we cannot service you any more because you gave us negative feedback.
Even now what they don't understand that they need customers, not the reverse. If they are out of customers all they have to do is shut down, sooner or later.

I have decided to post my feedback I gave them, so that this may be helpful to atleast one of you.

"I will provide honest feedback of my experiences with advisor with BMW of austin. service advisor is incompetent, not knowledgeable and careless.

june 2009 subframe - First called advisor about the problem, he did not have a clue. called bmw of NA regarding this and they instructed me to take appointment and get it inspected at bmw of Austin dealer. Called back bmw of ausitn, but the advisor was reluctant to take a appointment and wanted me to get a letter from bmw of austin. On june 4th BMW USA calls me and asks me if the car was inspected. when told about advisor's reply they said that what bmw austin advisor said was not true and the dealership does not need a letter from BMW usa for inspecting the vehicle. BMW USA called bmw austin and then called me back and told be that BMW of Austin should call be back by Friday afternoon regarding this issue, a week later still no call from BMW of Austin. Even the rep at BMW, NA was complaining about her trouble with dealing with BMW of Austin service folks.

april/may 2009- submitted a quote online, no body even bothered to reply. not sure why they have a request submission option on their website when they dont care to respond.

nov 2008- came into dealer for a problem as the car was running unusually on high rpm, wanted to see a technical person, was told to change fuel and come back after a week by the folks who receive the car at the bay. next day car broke down on the road with a failed clutch. bmw of austin failed to diagnose this in the major inspection which was done a few months earlier which i had paid 400$.

oct 2008- parts dept: ordered a replacement key and paid for expedited shipping. I went back for the key 3 times but in vain as even after 3 days money was paid the order was not placed. was out without a car for a week. bmw of austin failed to get me the replacement key as stated in 2 days. had to wait 1 week for a simple key replacement. This was the reply from the parts guy " we have a lot of pissed of off people because a lot of orders have not been "

march 2008- major inspection of the car: inspection was ok, was told to replace Guibo disk. the car was on extended warranty so asked if this was covered in warranty for which advisor said no, I will have to pay for it. next day i called warranty service and learnt that guibo disk was covered under warranty so called back Advisor and he then realized and said yes. also the inspection failed to diagnose a major clutch problem with which the car was running on higher rpm, the car broke down and resulted in 2000$ repair few months later. Did not have confidence in bmw of Austin any more so had to tow the car 1 hour away to Garlyn Shelton BMW in temple and get it fixed.

Poor Horrible service department. just fancy blings and good loaner cars, service in it self is ok, but the staff are doing the damage esp the service advisor and parts salesmen. Have noticed that the technical people, mechanics are very nice and helpful and knowledgeable tough.

As long as they think that they are arrogant and dont learn from their mistakes they will continue to be crappy and keep loosing customers.

Wondering if this is just me being unfortunate or BMW of Austin service is plain crappy!!! ? The feedback on google points me to the latter, many people think their service is crappy, except for a bunch of posts which may have been posted by them to boost their poor ratings.

Hope my feedback helps at least one of you folks!!!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I live in New Zealand and even I knew that BMW of Austin was terrible before this thread :lmao:

And remember that it's the law in the US that a car dealer provides you with a key within 2 days of your request or something, so if you ever get in that situation again just flash that around and threaten to take it further

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I live in New Zealand and even I knew that BMW of Austin was terrible before this thread :lmao:

And remember that it's the law in the US that a car dealer provides you with a key within 2 days of your request or something, so if you ever get in that situation again just flash that around and threaten to take it further
wrong...it takes much longer than that for ours to even come in.

sounds like i need to go work down there and show them how an advisor is supposed to work lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
My cousins are in town today from austin, and we were just talking about how ****** their service is. :tsk:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Generally speaking, it's a crappy industry to work in. People who work those jobs are always going to be indifferent to customers needs which results in a hit in sales, which eventually reaches the top. Just understand that those guys you deal with at the shop are not the most educated people and probably hate their job. It is Austin after all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know this is kind of an old thread, but I just now stumbled upon and thought I would chime in. First let me say that I am not questioning your bad experiences, and I do NOT work for BMW. :p

I've had nothing but good experiences with them and am a bit surprised by the people saying basically 'lol yeah I live on the moon and even here we know BMW Austin suxorz lol'. Not only because my experiences have been positive, but because anyone that I have personally spoken to has also said good things about them; one of them was a former boss who had previously worked at Audi (just down the road basically) and he said that BMW Austin's service was the goal they were always trying to reach. Of course that is anecdotal information, but then again, so is everything on the internet, but I digress.

If they are so infamous for terrible service, how is it that they are also a top dealership in the country year after year? I find that a bit counterintuitive and illogical.

I didn't even buy my BMW from them (bought from the Lotus dealership), even so the service I got from them would make me think I was their best customer. For example I found out on this forum that a later revision of the Business CD player would play MP3s, so of course I wanted one. I took my car in, told my advisor that basically I wanted a new CD player and without batting an eye he rattled off a service bulletin number scribbled some notes and said "we've got a fix for that, it's called a new CD player". I drove a brand new loaner to work, on the way home I stopped in and picked up my car. Maybe 5 minutes in and out both times.

The only bad thing I can say is that on one occasion my car was at the shop for more than a work day which was longer than they had told me it would take. Of course I didn't lose much sleep over it since I just drove the brand new loaner to work twice instead of once (oh the humanity!).

Again, sorry to hear you had such bad experiences but I have to think you are in the minority or else their business model would not thrive as it does. :-/

·
Just Nuts
7,253 Posts
I don't even know where Austin is and I already know the dealer there sux. In fact they are exactly like the dealer I used to use in London who employed very badly paid kindergarten drop outs who had no clue what they are doing and lied their asses off.

·
Registered
550 Posts
BMW of Austin is my local dealer. They are fine. Don't believe everything you read on the internet or on these pages. People come and go, some bad, some good. With that said, I rarely, if ever, use the service shop, just parts. Given the volume in parts I purchase from them, I purchase all my parts from the wholesale side of the parts counter. But, if you buy retail, Bo will fix you up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You know you suck when people who don't even know you and live halfway around the world know you suck.

Yeah, very credible. If someone on the internet from China said they heard your mother sucks, how much credibility would you give that?

..don't answer that, I heard she does suck and that's good enough for me!

See where I'm going with that? ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've worked as a Tech and a service adviser and BMW of Austin's advisers that I have dealt with were rude condescending and not at all knowledgeable about their jobs, Garlyn Shelton in Temple was worst (they are not a dedicated BMW shop so their parts department is their downfall). If you can make it to Dallas Classic BMW is good but if you have to deal with BMW of Austin make friends with Beau in the parts department, he knows his stuff and will help you get things done (everyone else I've talked to there was worthless). Someday they will figure out they are not doing customers a favor.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
wrong...it takes much longer than that for ours to even come in.

sounds like i need to go work down there and show them how an advisor is supposed to work lol
Are you sure? I said this quite a bit beforehand and then saw when the threads got bumped back up that you disagreed but I figured it was too late to say anything about it. I've heard from quite a few older threads on this forum that they need to provide you with keys within 24 hours of your request, thats why they keep the vault of keys for American BMW's.. All euro cars have to order the keys in straight from Germany. Maybe its just a particular group of states? I can't really be sure, but i've stopped telling people this for the time being

1 - 14 of 14 Posts