BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and can't find anything that sounds like my problem. My problem is I'm driving along and if I take my foot off the gas for slowing traffic or a red light etc... the car seems to stall, except it doesn't stall completely. I pull to the side of the road and stop, the car is idling, and I can push on the gas and nothing happens. I floor it and it just keeps idling. Usually I have to turn the car off and then back on, and then it goes back to normal and I can start driving. But the next time I take my foot off the gas, it goes back into idle mode, have to coast to a stop, or pull over for the angry motorists behind me to pass. So any ideas? Important things to note, Car doesn't stop running, it's almost like the gas pedal stops working. Car is a 01 330 ci with 210,000 miles.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Throttle body cable is loose or not properly attached or tightened. Or throttle body.

Get your engine error codes read, either of those will throw up an error code, then report back.

·
Registered
619 Posts
this is ot but isnt this like the EXACT opposite of the problem toyota cars had??:shhh:...lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked my MAF and while doing so I noticed the plug was not connected... I'm an idiot. Problem solved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts