E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 325 CiC that has been running great since I purchased it 2 years ago. The only problem was an oil leak, which I had fixed and no leaks since. Currently have 88K miles on it.

Recently the car seems to be misfiring, but not consistently. I bought an ODBII Scanner and found out that I was having a "misfire with fuel shut off" on cylinder 5. I checked the spark plug, and it had actually backed out about 3 turns and was allowing a small amount of blow by.

I replaced all the plugs with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs, and the car seemed back to itself again for 2 to 3 days. Then I noticed that it was starting to have some power loss on acceleration from a stop, or when in 5th gear at under 2.5K RPM, typically on a slight grade.

I read the forums and saw that it might be the MAF sensor, so I cleaned that and inspected and cleaned the DISA, which looks to be in good working order.

After this the car still behaved the same...starts fine, idles fine, just has a sort of studder under 2.5K RPM. Over 2.5K RPM it seems to pull just like it used to.

I ran the ODBII again and it gave me a p0102 code...low voltage on MAF input.

However after driving for 30 minutes this code disappeared and my ODBII says I have no error codes.

Can anyone who has had this problem point me in the right direction?

PS. My SES light has not come on at all during this period.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
im having the same problem everybody recommended to fix the vanos seals this is the next thing im doing it seems that its a common problem for e46s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys. I've been contemplating the vanos fix, but wanted to find out if there are other items to diagnose first.

I'll try disconnecting the MAF and let you know how the car behaves thanks Ciandr!

If anyone else has any suggestions...I'm open to hearing your experiences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts