E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,
a bit of advise from you all please, it's regarding front and rear strut bars and coil-overs for a 2003 E46 320Ci, as I believe that certain strut bars will not fit in combination with certain coil-over kits.
Regarding coil-overs front and rear, I will be happy to pay for medium quality coil overs that will have the camber plates and the strut top re-enforcing plate included. I have read too many disappointing reports about cheap e-bay Chinese coil-over kits to go that route.
I don't want to waste my money which takes me quite a while to save, I don't want to buy rubbish that wont do the job properly and then in frustration have to remove it.
So, if your done this suspension improvement to your E46, your advise to which strut bars and coil-overs are quality, are adjustable, and will last the distance, would be much apricated.
If you can post a picture or supply a link it would help me greatly.
Yours Aye John.m

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
ST coilovers is pretty much the way to go on "budget" coilovers. They are KW V1s but without the stainless steel construction. Since you are in Australia you should be fine though. If you need even cheaper, you might have access to AP which the US doesn't get. They are also based on KW, but even cheaper than the ST. Make sure to get the genuine BMW reinforcement plates front and back regardless of which ones you choose.

For strut bars, basically anything that doesn't cover the strut tower will fit, but since you can't adjust damping on the ST it doesn't really matter anyway. For good budget options I would look at Wiechers. They are heavy but offer high quality for the price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts