BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I posted about a squeak upon starting on cold mornings. I recieved lots of good input, thanks for that. I took the car in on friday and told the service advisor about the problem, he advised me that they wanted to park the car in the cold for several hours and see if they could duplicate the noise. Not trusting that they would be able to duplicate the noise I inquiered if they would check the belts and tensioners regardless of weither or not it made the noise. The service advisor said they would be happy to and gave me a loner (2003 325cic) and sent me on my way. Three or so hours later I check back in to see what they found and the advisor informed me that they in-fact were unable to duplicate the noise and that they checked all the belts and tensioners as well as the fault codes and found nothing. they thought that it might be the secondary blower for the cat converter but could not be shure. The funny thing is that now the car no longer makes the noise. as a matter of fact it as quiet as the day I bought it. what do you think is up with that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts