E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '02 325Cic had a surprise tantrum this weekend and refused to start. Very weird. But it did start right after I used my Peake code reader to reset my codes. As soon as I turned the key the headlights and some dash lights flashed and caused an odd sandpaper noise from the center of the dash. The car was truly possessed. And the engine would not turn over or even trip the solenoid on the starter. This commotion lasted for maybe 10 seconds AFTER the key was removed. I thought it was the EWS (anti-theft) system. But since both of my keys did the same thing the guys at the dealer's parts counter said that wasn't it. I replaced the ignition switch connector but that did no good. In desperation, and just to give me something to do while racking my brain, I hooked the battery up to my charger. A couple of hours later my car started on the first turn of the key. Its running great now. I don't know if this is just the way a battery in this car fails, or if there was something else going on that just 'went away', or if I need to look for some spiritual advice.

·
Registered
229 Posts
check voltage while car is running and check voltage on battery when car is off..there is a diy on how to check voltage on the dash board on our bmw

1 - 2 of 2 Posts