E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My accelerator pedal is making a very high pitched noise at a certain throttle point. The noise sounds electronic (like a camera flash warming up, or a bad rheostat), I am suspecting the "Drive by Wire" accelerator module since it is basically a rheostat. The noise is only audible from the cabin, and it only occurs during a certain position of the accelerator pedal (if you stomp the pedal, it sounds like a beep, if you hold the right position it is constant).

Before I go out and get a new accelerator module, I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem, and found any other solution.

I did find this thread: Click Here but it dead ends.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Thats a first for me. Although, I have replaced a ton of accelerator pedal modules, it was always for the "notchy" pedal problem, never anything like this. If you are 100% sure it is emanating from the pedal, I would replace it sooner or later, or it could leave you stranded with an EML failsafe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any recommendations regarding part numbers or supplier? I'm not sure if this is a "dealer only" or a 'dealer mostly' item.

thanks,
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts