BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, in the morning right after I start the car (325xi)I hear a whoosh, then a thud, then a light eeeeeeeee sound, that progressively gets louder and then softer then quits. The whole process take around two min. Have others on the board had this problem, or better yet, found out what the cause is. any help would be appreciated.

·
Invalid User
10,685 Posts
i think i get that sound. it only happens when the car is cold. it kinda feels like it has something to do with the clutch?? i have no clue. maybe it's just warming up... :huh:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the thing is, I'm taking the car in on friday and because it only makes the sound on the first start of the day I wory that it wont make the nois and I will have wasted the day.

·
Movin On Up
551 Posts
i get real stiff steering when its cold until the wheel gets a cranking a little bit...only other noise is an odd squeak from my trunk im thinking maybe my bushings are ****ed up...anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine squeels in the morning too

Yeah, I have the same problem. I'm taking it into the dealer to get it fixed. This will be the time time in for the same problem!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine makes squeaky sounds when i slowly let off the clutch and allow the car to move follow. It squeaks near when I"m almost off the clutch. The dealer can't seem to figure it out though, so I'm making them fix it, otherwise I don't want it back!

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
If its an air noise, or could be an air noise, you may be hearing the air pump in the emissions system (pumps air into your exhaust manifold so excess fuel will burn in the cats and heat them up quicker)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help, Im taken her in of friday. I'll keep you posted on what they find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts