BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you stop the climate controls from being automatically on? Most of the time it blows out hot air and this is annoying.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
sorry chap. No way around that. I never knew why would bm set the cars this way. Just put it real low and keep the up arrow lit that way it will blow toward the windshield when u start the car. Thats what I do in the summer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
All you have to do is turn it off. It's quite easy. Keep pushing the button that lowers the fan speed until it cuts off, and turn it off of "automatic".

·
Registered
214 Posts
BM-MAN said:
Which 3 do you have year, model? That does not work on earlier models. Someone correct me if im wrong.
I was referring to the E46. He didn't specify which model he had.

(i own an E30 ///M3 and just acquired at 330ci last week.......disclaimer, the 330ci isn't mine. I'm taking care of it for my brother while he is overseas.)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I own a 2000 323Ci.
I've tried the above method and cant get the thing to turn off.

Maybe the dealer can reprogram my fault codes.
Also,i wish my fog lights would automatically turn on with my headlights.:banghead:

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,760 Posts
pre 02 (i believe) will always turn the climate control on, everytime. The dealer cannot program this for you :(

Also they cannot program the fogs either...but that is probably because they are <b>fog</b> lights that are not meant to be on all the time.

Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is that options list of what is active and what is not on the E46. I forget where it is. But it's not hard to find.

Anyway.....On the E46, the A/C is set to turn on when you start the car. You can change it to the other option, which is manual mode. Just need to take a trip to the dealer.

·
Obey my dog
2,575 Posts
Haro said:
There is that options list of what is active and what is not on the E46. I forget where it is. But it's not hard to find.

Anyway.....On the E46, the A/C is set to turn on when you start the car. You can change it to the other option, which is manual mode. Just need to take a trip to the dealer.
not on pre-02 cars. we are stuck with it on and the dealer can't do anything about it... i've tried.

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,704 Posts
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about - I have a '00 323 (late 99 production). My auto climate control can be controlled manually by turning the fan speed down. The only thing that I can't control is the fan speed/temp of the defrost. When I start the car, my climate control defaults to the last setting I had when I shut the car off. I'm actually quite happy with the way it works.

By the way - I've never had this programmed - it's how it came.

·
Obey my dog
2,575 Posts
alken said:
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about - I have a '00 323 (late 99 production). My auto climate control can be controlled manually by turning the fan speed down. The only thing that I can't control is the fan speed/temp of the defrost. When I start the car, my climate control defaults to the last setting I had when I shut the car off. I'm actually quite happy with the way it works.

By the way - I've never had this programmed - it's how it came.
we are talking about how it turns on everytime we turn on the car even though we don't want it to. so we don't have to turn it off each time the car starts. in the newer cars, if you turn it off, then turn off the car. when you start the car, it remains off.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,760 Posts
Please listen to WarSong and I...this has been covered over and over again. Pre 02 cars default the climate control ON when the car is started. It DOES NOT matter if you turn it off before shutting the car off, it will automatically turn back on to the lowest fan setting. The dealer CANNOT program this.

Tim

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an '02 325i and the A/C will not come on unless I press the snowflake button. Been that way since I bought it new. I like it that way.

·
Registered
59 Posts
WarSong said:

not on pre-02 cars. we are stuck with it on and the dealer can't do anything about it... i've tried.
I knew that..... :banghead:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The only complaint

That cimate control problem sucks.
On the video that came with the car, it tells you it's programable, I went to the dealer and they told me they can't do anything about it.
My car is a 2000 323ci, I'm glad they fix it on the newer models.
Everytime I start the car, I have to click twice on the loewering arrow to shut it off.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Why don't you press the button that has a pic of air blowing to a man's body. It turns off the automatic climate control in my car.

There are 4 settings on the climate control, if i'm not mistaken. One is automatic, one is the air blowing your feet, another one is air blowing towards you, and the other one is the air blowing up, right?

Sorry if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
214 Posts
B8888KC said:
Why don't you press the button that has a pic of air blowing to a man's body. It turns off the automatic climate control in my car.

There are 4 settings on the climate control, if i'm not mistaken. One is automatic, one is the air blowing your feet, another one is air blowing towards you, and the other one is the air blowing up, right?

Sorry if I'm wrong...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It has a logo of a "circular arrow w/ an A" in the middle (I think!). Turn that button off. The 330ci I'm driving is an 02', and I leave the fan off, and it never turns back on unless I want it too. Could be due to the year of the car though. I'm not sure about the pre-02 cars.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,760 Posts
Ahhh, I give up on this thread :(

As I have said 01s are different from 02s and on.

Tim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts