BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car was recovered! Unbeknownst to me I had LoJack on the car!!! Apparently since I bought it pre owned with 8K on it, the original owner had it installed. West Springfield, MA cops have it and they claim NO VISIBLE DAMAGE but it will have to be thoroughly inspected before I am satisfied it wasn't viciously overrevved, etc. So, I'll get it tomorrow, bring it in to a DIFFERENT BMW delaer, obviously, and update you all with pics(if there is any damage), etc later on. Keep your fingers crossed.

And to answer the post about filing so many lawsuits, bear in mind I have NEVER sued anyone and probably never would have until this mess, where there is obvious culpability on the part of the dealer. I am all for taking personal responsibility and not blaming everyone else, but in this case I feel there is a reasonable belief one would have that their car keys would be safe in a giant locked garage that's part of a HUGE dealership!! If they had my key and it was stolen randomly and not some type of inside deal, that's totally different. This case it was some form of fraud or covert operation an employee set up. Something shady. Anyway, I'll keep you informed...

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
well I dont know if I should be happy for you that you got your car back or not.......... I dont think i would want it back.

But if this is what you want than congratulations and I hope every thing works out!!

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,341 Posts
Cool...

Ha...glad to hear that worked for ya. I have LoJack myself and that is certainly peace of mind. Congratulations and good luck with your legal efforts.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all for the good words. I hope my car is still the way I left it and I'll be sure to let you know what happens. Take care-

Dave

·
booo for body roll.
3,435 Posts
isn't it on the paperwork at the police office? i mean if he filed a police report it'd prolly show up on the computer or sumthing.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
SL500 said:
whats a lo jack? something liks GPS?
It's like a GPS but it isn't. It's basically a radio in your car that cops can track with another device. Not all police stations have the equipment to track it.

It's pretty expensive I think.

dave

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Lojack is regularly $699 to have it installed in your BMW. And there is no monthly fee. Pretty sweet deal, if you want your car back.

IF it's stolen, I don't want it back.

·
Registered
829 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:

Would u want your girl back after some guy slept with her :D
Yea man, I hear ya! I think about that all the time. Because I know the guy who was with my girl before me, and he’s a ****en dumb ass. Everyone I know hates him with a passion. And I always hear about the **** they did. :eek: :puke: :puke:

But I am glad she’s with me now. :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
dealers can go into the ECU on the M's to see if they have been overreved. but then again, if it has been, is there anything you can do about it? seems like just some joyriding punks (probly carwash boys at the dealer :rolleyes: ) took ur car for a joyride....

hope everything turns out :thumbup:

-brendan

·
E46Fanatic
3,129 Posts
TimeFor said:

Yea man, I hear ya! I think about that all the time. Because I know the guy who was with my girl before me, and he’s a ****en dumb ass. Everyone I know hates him with a passion. And I always hear about the **** they did. :eek: :puke: :puke:

But I am glad she’s with me now. :thumbup:
:confused: :huh:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think a better analogy with the car being stolen is, if someone kidnapped your dog, would want it back when found even though it was a little haggard and mistreated? OF COURSE!

I love my car and I'm not going to turn my back on it becase some douchebag drove it 30 miles and dumped it in a parking lot. I'll have it detailed, meticulously checked over for mechanical/cosmetic damage and then I'll be happy as s**t that I don't have to wait 3 weeks to settle the claim at most likely 75-85% f what the car is really worth. It's always better to recover your car unless it's a total loss, cause that's just as bad as never finding it based on what they'll pay out.

Does it suck? Sure, but I am sure people deal with worse tradgedies in life than their car being jacked and then having to drive if after the fact. Imagine those that are robbed and then have to go live back in the same house. Now THAT is something I would find a little unsettling. I'll update you all on shape of the car later-

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
i would sell my car if it was recovered.. but thats just me

·
Registered
703 Posts
Impulss said:
Lojack is regularly $699 to have it installed in your BMW. And there is no monthly fee. Pretty sweet deal, if you want your car back.

IF it's stolen, I don't want it back.
Dont be fooled, you can get the basic lojack package for $399. Our cars dont need all the extra bells and whistle crap...
The $399 system is just the lojack box and nothing more. AND the you CAN negoiate on the price....

John V

·
Imported *******
872 Posts
BlackE46M3 said:
I think a better analogy with the car being stolen is, if someone kidnapped your dog, would want it back when found even though it was a little haggard and mistreated? OF COURSE!

I love my car and I'm not going to turn my back on it becase some douchebag drove it 30 miles and dumped it in a parking lot. I'll have it detailed, meticulously checked over for mechanical/cosmetic damage and then I'll be happy as s**t that I don't have to wait 3 weeks to settle the claim at most likely 75-85% f what the car is really worth. It's always better to recover your car unless it's a total loss, cause that's just as bad as never finding it based on what they'll pay out.

Does it suck? Sure, but I am sure people deal with worse tradgedies in life than their car being jacked and then having to drive if after the fact. Imagine those that are robbed and then have to go live back in the same house. Now THAT is something I would find a little unsettling. I'll update you all on shape of the car later-
Are you gonna have them check the inside for fingerprints (or would the police automatically do that)?

I hope your car turns out OK, and please go after those fukkers. There are two kinds of people I wouldn't think twice about killing, infact enjoy torturing - those that hurt my family and those that hurt my car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts