E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A fellow fanatic/friend of mine on e60.net got his AW E60 stolen last night. I'm posting some pics up of the car, if anyone has seen it this morning, or any day from now on, PLEASE PM me, with the info where you've seen it last, see if you can take a quick cell phone photo of the driver driving it. any help would be great.

AW e60 sitting on Black Miro 346s Time Attack (M6 replicas) with ACS kit, ACS trunk badge.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah this sucks, hes a real nice guy too, try your best to keep an eye on it!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Damn How did they steal it?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
dude that sucks but guys i will bet my house on it, this car was stolen with a key or the comfort access was being used.
i have worked with bmw for 13 yrs, and since 1995 when e.w.s was released i have never seen one stolen by methods other than a key, flatbed or comfort access

best of luck getting it back, now that its getting cold i would bet they just wanted a warm ride and youll find the car with minimal damage (minus rims)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
wait so they pair up keys or something? how do they use the comfort access? i dont get how they trick these supposable "codes" that the key makes customally every time

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That's it, I'm getting LOW JACK in my car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
do not keep your lil plastic key that comes with you manual inside the car.
they broke in to my e46m3 before by movie theater and stole the manual.... they thought i had the key there, and they can just follow you and take the car from anywhere.
but they failed.... :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't even know where the key is in my manual, probably don't have it anymore, i'll search my manual more thoroughly.

How was it stolen gary? And there are a lot of white e60s, but if I see one with a black grille/wheel combo ill snap some shots and alert... but usually ppl that steal these kind of cars take em far.

·
Registered
193 Posts
OMG, bro first place id drive in is queens ASAP,first hand experience and watch as everyone think your a fraud (liability),well i bet either jamaica queens or around there or in jersey, but im not to sure where people were mentioning in jersey.Did your friend fill out a report yet?? and is there a LOjack activated?if your not sure call the people youve bought the car from to find out.

QUEENS is your best bet!!!just driving around jamaica queens there are so many shops that look sketchy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
dude that sucks but guys i will bet my house on it, this car was stolen with a key or the comfort access was being used.
i have worked with bmw for 13 yrs, and since 1995 when e.w.s was released i have never seen one stolen by methods other than a key, flatbed or comfort access

best of luck getting it back, now that its getting cold i would bet they just wanted a warm ride and youll find the car with minimal damage (minus rims)
sadly, you are vary correct my friend.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys! the owner filed a report, and waiting on BMW assist to "find" the car. It was stolen OUT of his driveway, which was quite weird.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
i saw a white e60 with an acs trunk badge and spoiler and literally hawk eyed the **** out of it but it had stock rims and stock front on the cross island parkway lol

i thought bmw assist can locate a car within a few minutes

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i saw a white e60 with an acs trunk badge and spoiler and literally hawk eyed the **** out of it but it had stock rims and stock front on the cross island parkway lol

i thought bmw assist can locate a car within a few minutes

hmm, I'll let the owner know too, maybe they had changed the wheels and front grill

1 - 20 of 43 Posts