BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a short list of BMW wheels that will work on an e46 XI?
I know the recommendation is for square (same front and rear) though some argue it doesn't matter. I know the offset is 47mm for my stock 17x7.
It's easier to find wheels for E90 and beyond, so I'm wondering if someone has compiled a list.

I did look at this site: http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/3/E46
Is it considered to be accurate? It doesn't have the XI distinction but I guess if they fit in the front, they will fit in the rear?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let's ask this a different way. Is anyone running other than 17x7 wheels on an XI? If so, what?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm running staggered ZHP wheels on my xi and love them. They were even listed on realoem as an officially available option.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The staggered setup would/should be OK if the rolling diameters are identical. At stock sizes, it's not. Fronts have a diameter of 637.2mm, rears are 635.7mm.
In the real world does it matter? Dunno.

Right now, I'm trying to fit a style 278 17x8 ET43 and wondering if it will work. If 17x8 ET47 fits (for ex style 44), then these with ET43 will stick 4mm out.
I think it will work, but I just can't find confirmation.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The staggered setup would/should be OK if the rolling diameters are identical. At stock sizes, it's not. Fronts have a diameter of 637.2mm, rears are 635.7mm.
In the real world does it matter? Dunno.

Right now, I'm trying to fit a style 278 17x8 ET43 and wondering if it will work. If 17x8 ET47 fits (for ex style 44), then these with ET43 will stick 4mm out.
I think it will work, but I just can't find confirmation.

I have a XI Wagon have 225 45 17 front on a 7.5 x 17 wheel and 245 40 17 back on a 8.5 x 17 wheel i have Z4 BMW Style 71 wheels staggered set up .

also check out this website and scroll down to 325XI

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/bmw/3-series/2004/

·
Registered
402 Posts
I currently have Apex Arc 8s on my 330xi. It's a square setup of 18 x 8.5. Fits fine. Even with my BBK in the front.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts