E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

which bulb is the silvervision???

• left side

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • right side

Votes: 28 73.7%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to post comparison pics of stock bulbs vs. silvervisions. maybe this will prove to the rest what a waste of money these other bulbs are. anyways, here we go. but first, guess which side are stock and which are silvervisions.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I'm not sure what u're getting at???? The idea of silvervisions is that they don't show orange when not lit. Are u comparing silversvisions to DIY?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Keeferno said:
I'm not sure what u're getting at???? The idea of silvervisions is that they don't show orange when not lit. Are u comparing silversvisions to DIY?
It's comparing the brightness when on which is probably the biggest factor. Any company can simply color a bulb silver, light output is what varies.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yeah but do u really mean a stock bulb or do u mean a painted stock bulb (DIY)?

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jonb325ci said:

It's comparing the brightness when on which is probably the biggest factor. Any company can simply color a bulb silver, light output is what varies.
correct. i know i've been preaching about how close to stock the silvervisions are, but it seems that people would rather pay the same amount or more for someone else to paint orange bulbs for them. they look nothing like stock or silvervisions and this just proves my point and many others that silvervisions are the best. if your tight on cash or don't feel like spending the money on bulbs, then i can understand a DIY. but i can't understand paying someone else to do it. if anyone wants silver bulbs, send me $40 and i'll send you all six bulbs painted :D j/k

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Keeferno said:
I'm assuming he means a stock amber bulb. To prove that the coating on the silvervisions don't negatively impact the light output in comparison to what it would look like stock.

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keeferno said:
it's a stock bulb that came w/ my car from BMW

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Ah, gotcha. I thought this was one of those anti-silvervisions threads and I was like ummmmm, u just made a point against yourself. I get it now though. Anyways, go silvervisions :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:

correct. i know i've been preaching about how close to stock the silvervisions are, but it seems that people would rather pay the same amount or more for someone else to paint orange bulbs for them. they look nothing like stock or silvervisions and this just proves my point and many others that silvervisions are the best. if your tight on cash or don't feel like spending the money on bulbs, then i can understand a DIY. but i can't understand paying someone else to do it. if anyone wants silver bulbs, send me $40 and i'll send you all six bulbs painted :D j/k
I am also a big fan of the Silvervisions. It's not an excessive price for such a superior product in comparison to other "competitive" brands.

I like them so much my OCD personality stocks them every chance I get in case a bulb goes out :tsk:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You are definetely the pioneer in the silvervision debate streetrix. By the way, was I right? Stock = left? It was a shot in the dark but I am curious...

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jonb325ci said:
You are definetely the pioneer in the silvervision debate streetrix. By the way, was I right? Stock = left? It was a shot in the dark but I am curious...
your are correct :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts