BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched but cant find the size of the sail panel tweeter. does anybody know the diamater and depth? or better yet how much room is there for an replacement? thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
tweet

I am not sure of the size, but I can tell you what I did. I bought the JL TR 6" component set. The tweet in that is mounted to its cover. To get it into the stock location, I dremeled the little stock "cover" off (actually a couple plastic braces) and dremeled just a little around the edge to fit the JL tweet in its case.
Hope this helps.....if you can get the dimensions of that tweet - you have it.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
bender said:
which tweeter? heres what i did for my front.... made a wooden plate the size of the stock tweeter(two speakers really)
bender,

youve got the coupe, youre confusing us sedan non hk owners...get outta here!! LOL :lmao: just kidding dude...any one know the size/depth of the speaker/tweet in the rear doors of a sedan??

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a sedan, but thanks anyway Bender. My stock tweeter is in the sail panel above the door. Was wondering how big the space is there.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
dan4081 said:
I have a sedan, but thanks anyway Bender. My stock tweeter is in the sail panel above the door. Was wondering how big the space is there.
you should be able to fit a 1inch tweeter into there..im sure most popular brand tweets should be fine...

now if someone could answer my question about the rear tweeter....:eeps:

·
Registered
452 Posts
My Boston Acoustic 6.5 Pro Series 1 inch tweeter just fit (with a little bit of pushing) directly into the stock tweeter mounting bracket. No other special adapter or anything was required. It was the easiest part of my whole installation.:thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts